Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AARP Approved!

tag
thummel
Established Contributor

AARP Approved!

This is an app that has been in limbo for a while now. Logged into my online chase account and saw it finally show up way at the bottom of my page. They gave me a 4.5K limit which is telling me I'm pretty much at max exposure with chase now. This puts me at 400K avaliable credit now and it's time for a long break in the garden. The only other bank I want to get in with is navy right now but I might hold off. EX is around 770 with 12 inquiries for approval in case anyone was wondering for data points. Thanks to all the awesome people here, never did I think I would be anywhere close to where I am, especially at 22 years old.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AARP Approved!

congrats! that was my first attempt at a Chase card and has always been boiling in the back of my mind since it was denied.

Definitely a good cashback card to have around. Also 400k you are setting the bar high! I'm 4.8k away from 200k available and thought that was already excessive Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
thummel
Established Contributor

Thanks wanderingbuilder! I have actually been denied once in the past for high Balances for this card at the time. I plan to make this my day to day spender on gas and food.
Message 3 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

22 = 400k credit= OMG Smiley Wink. Thats just amazing. I wish you all the best and may the credit gods grant you the almighty Navy credit industrySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 21
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! Nice card to add.
Message 5 of 21
thummel
Established Contributor

Thanks averagejoescredit and b335is!
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and welcome to the Chase AARP family! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@thummel wrote:
This is an app that has been in limbo for a while now. Logged into my online chase account and saw it finally show up way at the bottom of my page. They gave me a 4.5K limit which is telling me I'm pretty much at max exposure with chase now. This puts me at 400K avaliable credit now and it's time for a long break in the garden. The only other bank I want to get in with is navy right now but I might hold off. EX is around 770 with 12 inquiries for approval in case anyone was wondering for data points. Thanks to all the awesome people here, never did I think I would be anywhere close to where I am, especially at 22 years old.

Congratulations! It's one of my favorite cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Do you have to join AARP to get this card? Do you have to be over 55? Thx
Message 9 of 21
thummel
Established Contributor

You do not need to be over 55 to have the card. I'm not an AARP member and just applied directly on chases website. Thank you southjamaica and humuhumunukunukuapuaa!
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.