Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AARP Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AARP Approved!

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Do you have to join AARP to get this card? Do you have to be over 55? Thx

Since he said he is 22 I'm not sure why you asked that Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your AARP approval!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well heck, just got approved for the Fidelity Rewards with 2% cash back on EVERYTHING.  This card has 3% at restaraunts and gas stations.  Hmm...

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Kant reed
Message 14 of 21
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Do you have to join AARP to get this card? Do you have to be over 55? Thx

I would have asked myself.Smiley Happy  Personally, I am not sure why at 22 years old you would want to flash AARP branded card.  I get invites for their membership and I am still years away.  There are other cards out there with similar or better rewards,  Citi Costco ,4% on gas, 3% on restaurants and travel just to name one.  

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 15 of 21
thummel
Established Contributor

Costco doesn't interest me because I don't shop there or have a membership there either or else I would have considered it I'm not concerned about having an AARP card and flashing it because I have other cards for that reason that aren't in my signature. Robot LOL

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thummel wrote:

Costco doesn't interest me because I don't shop there or have a membership there either or else I would have considered it I'm not concerned about having an AARP card and flashing it because I have other cards for that reason that aren't in my signature. Robot LOL

AARP is a great card with excellent benefits, thummel. Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@sdchrgrboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would have asked myself.Smiley Happy  Personally, I am not sure why at 22 years old you would want to flash AARP branded card.  I get invites for their membership and I am still years away.  There are other cards out there with similar or better rewards,  Citi Costco ,4% on gas, 3% on restaurants and travel just to name one.  

I'm just a tad above the age of the OP and I carry this card and use it frequently and it's my go to for dining and fuel because it's one of my only cards that codes purchases inside and at the pump of local QT at 3%.  And like the OP, I wouldn't care what anyone thinks about my age and using an AARP card.  If I can offer a suggestion, don't live your life worried about what others think of you; they're opinion of me is not by business. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@sdchrgrboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just a tad above the age of the OP and I carry this card and use it frequently and it's my go to for dining and fuel because it's one of my only cards that codes purchases inside and at the pump of local QT at 3%.  And like the OP, I wouldn't care what anyone thinks about my age and using an AARP card.  If I can offer a suggestion, don't live your life worried about what others think of you; they're opinion of me is not my business. 

+1 Loquat

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! What a nice surprise!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.