Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAdvantage Platinum - update approved $9.9k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAdvantage Platinum - update approved $9.9k

I did recieve an email from American Airlines to apply for the AAdvantage Platinum. I can tell it is just advertisement and not an exclusive invitation. Just seeing if I should still apply. 

Current scores:

EX:687

TU:697
EQ:691

No baddies, I did do some shopping around earlier this year, got 2 cards at the beginning of the year, in addition just bought a house. As for inquiries for the past 6 months, at 5. I will say my utilization is high, didn't expect to come across so many expenses after a new home. at 40% utilization. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Debating if I want to apply for AAdvantage Platinum

I received the same advertisement and have been contemplating this card since earlier this year. I was set to apply and then when Covid happened, travel haulted and I paused...and then CITI took down their pre-qualification site. I've been waiting ever since. I see a lot of approvals on here for other people with non-co-branded CITI cards including CLI's's so I don't think they've completely stopped lending, but suffice to...I don't think they are as generous as they were. 
I'll look forward to your decision if you apply.

Message 2 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You might want to knock down that utilization first.   Not only should that improve your scores it would make it more likely you would get a more favorable interest rate on the card.

My guess is that your scores as-is are likely good enough to get an approval but with a lowish SL and interest rate at the higher end of the range.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled the trigger just for the extra bonus and got approved for $9,900!  They had to confirm my identity from a fraud alert on my profile. 

Message 4 of 12
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That's a monster SL given the economic climate and your UTIL!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 0 EQ 1 TU 1 | AAoA 7y7m | UTIL 1% - 3% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum - update approved $9.9k

Congratulations on your AAdvantage Platinum Approval..

Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent approval, congrats on it and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 8 of 12
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new AAdvantage Platinum card!!!

Message 9 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations!  Enjoy that new card and those bonus miles!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.