Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE Cash Preferred Pre-approval. UPDATE: Approved

tag
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

AE Cash Preferred Pre-approval. UPDATE: Approved

I have a "pre-approval" for an AE Cash Preferred card.  I also have 3 other cards with them, with one having only a $600 balance.  If I apply for this card, will it be a hard pull or is it just based off of the info below which was in the fine print?  Thanks in advance.

"We have used information about you and/or your business on file with American Express to extend this offer to you. This offer is based on the accuracy of that information. Information that we have on file will be used for the application associated with this offer."

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Re: AE Cash Preferred Pre-Appproval

This is for an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred?  And you are already an AMEX member?  If those two things are accurate it is a very high probability, I might go as far as a virtual certainty that it will only be a SP.  There are some reports here and elsewhere of people getting HP for subsequent AMEX cards.  The vast majority have them SP only after the first one.  I currently have 3 AMEX personal credit cards, one charge card and one business credit card and have only had one HP from AMEX ever.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 2 of 18
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@EAJuggalo wrote:

This is for an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred?  And you are already an AMEX member?  If those two things are accurate it is a very high probability, I might go as far as a virtual certainty that it will only be a SP.  There are some reports here and elsewhere of people getting HP for subsequent AMEX cards.  The vast majority have them SP only after the first one.  I currently have 3 AMEX personal credit cards, one charge card and one business credit card and have only had one HP from AMEX ever.

Yes, for the Blue Cash Preferred and have been a member for about 8 years.  OK, thanks.

Message 3 of 18
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Just hit the button and got an "instant approval".  Card is in the mail.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AE Cash Preferred Pre-approval. UPDATE: Approved

Nice, grats on the Cash Preferred approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your AMEX Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 6 of 18
lovebackwards
Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

Just hit the button and got an "instant approval".  Card is in the mail.  Thanks again.

Congrats on your approval!

Starting Score [FICO 9] - Nov 2020    Current FICO 8 Scores - 7/08/2022

Goal Scores

Credit Cards - Total: $10,750

Inquiries - 24 Months                                                   Most Recent Hard Pull

Goal Cards

Gardening since 05/04/2021 - Goal: 24 months
Message 7 of 18
ReGuy71
Valued Member

Congrats on the approval! Any DP's? I also just requested a CLI (had $2k, asked for $5k) on my BCP that I've had since Sep 21 and was approved with a SP. I had all my reports locked. 

Self Secured Visa - $2,000 (1/20), closed 8/21 and deposit returned
USB Secured Visa - $2,500 (9/20)
Apple Card - $2,950 (4/21)
Langley FCU - $2,500 (8/21)
Amex Gold (9/21)
Amex BCP - $2k (9/21)
Venmo- $9k (9/21)
Credit Strong Loan - $1k w/$0 balance (opened 4/21, paid 1/22)
Self Credit Builder Loans - two loans paid and closed
FICO 8 Scores Sep 2021
698 EX (4 inq-1/12)
688 EQ (2 inq-2/12)
695 TU (3 inq-2/12)
AZEO
Message 8 of 18
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AE Cash Preferred approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 18
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@ReGuy71 wrote:

Congrats on the approval! Any DP's? I also just requested a CLI (had $2k, asked for $5k) on my BCP that I've had since Sep 21 and was approved with a SP. I had all my reports locked. 

Thanks!  Excuse my ignorance, but what does "DP's" mean?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.