Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEO Credit Card Denial - Update: Approved

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

AEO Credit Card Denial - Update: Approved

Was out shopping yesterday and I frequently shop in American Eagle applied for credit card and offered 30% off. I was declined and the even more strange part is I received TRIPLE HPs on each of my credit reports. I am curious to see what the letter says when it comes in the mail. I thought about calling but just not that concerned about the application.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AEO Credit Card Denial

That is unfortunate about the denial. This is Synchrony Bank backed? It is my understanding they primarily HP TransUnion ?

Maybe give AEO a call and see what are you options?

Message 2 of 18
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

Was out shopping yesterday and I frequently shop in American Eagle applied for credit card and offered 30% off. I was declined and the even more strange part is I received TRIPLE HPs on each of my credit reports. I am curious to see what the letter says when it comes in the mail. I thought about calling but just not that concerned about the application.

Clarification you received 3 pulls on each report for a total of 9 HP???

Message 3 of 18
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@dragontearsno just one on each report.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

@dragontearsno just one on each report.

The way you worded it, it sounds like 3 pulls on EACH bureau. Anyway, yes AEO is sync backed, and the way they've been so twitchy lately, I can see denials if one's file isn't pretty much flawless. Do you have any derogs?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for your AEO denialSmiley Sad

Sync going the way of 3 HP'sSmiley Tongue

Message 6 of 18
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9  Nope never scores all over 740. I have synch back account BR VISA 6K, Lowes 35K. All in good standing and zero balance.

Message 7 of 18
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

@OmarGB9  Nope never scores all over 740. I have synch back account BR VISA 6K, Lowes 35K. All in good standing and zero balance.

All of this sounds a bit unusual  how many new revolving open accounts do you have in 6 and 12 months? - I am just curious.

... I know you said you are not to concerned about the app but sorry to head about the denial.  Other than 3 HPs I am wondering how sensitive Synch may have become to inquiries and new accounts.

Message 8 of 18
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Credit4Growth  Decided to give them a call. I needed to do verification which is strange it never asked me to do it in the store. Approved for 2.5K AE VISA.

Message 9 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Credit4Growth  Decided to give them a call. I needed to do verification which is strange it never asked me to do it in the store. Approved for 2.5K AE VISA.

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.