Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3X CLI - Approved! + Question about Discover CLI

tag
leoment
Frequent Contributor

AMEX 3X CLI - Approved! + Question about Discover CLI

Just submitted the request to be bumped up from $2k to $6k - APPROVED!

Now I need to figure out about a CLI from my Discover More card.  My account opened date is 4/28/11, should I wait to see if they auto-CLI next month, or just go ahead and submit a request for an increase now?

Ideally I'd like to match this new Amex CL of 6k, so is my asking for $2,250 too extreme/result in a HP?  Or should I just stick to $2k?  I'm gardening, so I have to stick to SPs!

I love this board!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX 3X CLI - Approved! + Question about Discover CLI

Congrats on your cli approval

Message 2 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

Shoot for the stars with Discover they will counter or tell you they need a HP

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 17
Bobert22
Contributor

Congrats!

I would call up Discover and ask them to not pull your credit and request $6,000. If they deny you, ask to speak to a Credit Analyst.
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 4 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!!

+1.  Try on line, Discover will counter.  I would suggest rather than looking for a 3X deal to go with something more modest with Discover.  Less of a chance of a HP and they might surprise you and instant approve without a counter.

Message 5 of 17
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Try an increase online crossing fingers you get approved for the increase you want.

If done online and you ask for a high amount Discover will let you know that it will result in a hp and you can simply just cancel the increase. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 6 of 17
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks!  I'm feeling bold so I think I will!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 7 of 17
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:
Congrats!

I would call up Discover and ask them to not pull your credit and request $6,000. If they deny you, ask to speak to a Credit Analyst.

I'm going to try submitting online, and if they tell me it requires a hard pull, then I'll call in.  

Thank you - I'm super excited to get this CL higher!

Message 8 of 17
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!!

+1.  Try on line, Discover will counter.  I would suggest rather than looking for a 3X deal to go with something more modest with Discover.  Less of a chance of a HP and they might surprise you and instant approve without a counter.

I'm going to submit a request online in a few for the $2,250.  My limit on the discover card is $3,750, so my request isn't even double it.  I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!

Message 9 of 17
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

Congrats! Try an increase online crossing fingers you get approved for the increase you want.

If done online and you ask for a high amount Discover will let you know that it will result in a hp and you can simply just cancel the increase. 

Thanks - I'm going to try it now Smiley Happy

Wish me luck!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.