tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX 3X CLI - Approved! + Question about Discover CLI

fingers crossed good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 17
leoment
Frequent Contributor

aaand - no dice!  Discover's website is experiencing technical difficulties and can't load the cli webpage!  Oh well, I can give it a shot tomorrow then Smiley Happy

I'll report back the results, however good or bad Smiley Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 12 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@leoment wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!!

Shoot for the stars with Discover they will counter or tell you they need a HP

+1.  Try on line, Discover will counter.  I would suggest rather than looking for a 3X deal to go with something more modest with Discover.  Less of a chance of a HP and they might surprise you and instant approve without a counter.

I'm going to submit a request online in a few for the $2,250.  My limit on the discover card is $3,750, so my request isn't even double it.  I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!

Good Luck!  I think that's a very reasonable request, it will put you to $6K, which good ol' conservative Discover is likely to instantly approve.

Message 13 of 17
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!!

+1.  Try on line, Discover will counter.  I would suggest rather than looking for a 3X deal to go with something more modest with Discover.  Less of a chance of a HP and they might surprise you and instant approve without a counter.

I'm going to submit a request online in a few for the $2,250.  My limit on the discover card is $3,750, so my request isn't even double it.  I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed!

Good Luck!  I think that's a very reasonable request, it will put you to $6K, which good ol' conservative Discover is likely to instantly approve.

You were right!! I submitted the request this morning and it went through!  Now that both of my cards are at 6k, I think I'm definitely content on where my credit lines sit (at least until I hit a higher income level).  I'm just glad to be rid of 3.75k.. it's such an odd credit limit!  I'd rather it be lower, and at 3,500 rather than 3,750!

Thanks again everyone - I'll take my cards and go camp out alongside the garden Smiley Happy

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 14 of 17
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Congratz OP!!!!

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 15 of 17
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@leoment wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!!

You were right!! I submitted the request this morning and it went through!  Now that both of my cards are at 6k, I think I'm definitely content on where my credit lines sit (at least until I hit a higher income level).  I'm just glad to be rid of 3.75k.. it's such an odd credit limit!  I'd rather it be lower, and at 3,500 rather than 3,750!

Thanks again everyone - I'll take my cards and go camp out alongside the garden Smiley Happy

CONGRATS on your success!!!!!   A N D.....Welcome to the Garden ! ! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17
BreakingBad_Credit
Established Member

@leoment wrote:

Just submitted the request to be bumped up from $2k to $6k - APPROVED!

Now I need to figure out about a CLI from my Discover More card.  My account opened date is 4/28/11, should I wait to see if they auto-CLI next month, or just go ahead and submit a request for an increase now?

Ideally I'd like to match this new Amex CL of 6k, so is my asking for $2,250 too extreme/result in a HP?  Or should I just stick to $2k?  I'm gardening, so I have to stick to SPs!

I love this board!

Wait, so a CL request online for Discover will TELL you if they will perform a HP or SP?  Just curious for my own reference when the time comes to app for a CLI on my Discover It.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.