AMEX 3X CLI

tag
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

AMEX 3X CLI

1ST 2 ATTEMPTS WERE DENIED. 

Then I went from $2500 to $7500

6 months later went from $7500 to $22500

My 6 months was up again on the 21st so I chatted with a CSR on my AMEX phone app and requested an increase. They asked how much and I said $35,000. It was not granted but they said they needed income verification. Is this the dreaded 4506 or whatever?

They said i'd get something in the mail. As a data point, my income is $175,000/yr

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX 3X CLI

Nice going on the increase. I think if you request it online you could keep backing out until it gives you an approved limit to help avoid getting the income request. Enjoy your new limitSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have American Express but it's fairly new- 5 months and 4 months. Ill just sit tight and hope to see an increase like yours 😊
Message 3 of 11
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the data point! I just went online and lowered my request to $30,000 and it insta approved! 

Love yall MYFICO!

10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

There you go! BOOM! goes the FicomiteSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Hope mine grows, but with my income, I can only hope for a fraction of your limit. Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily Total80skid. I've got my income listed as $40K/Retired and my initial limit was $10K. I got the 4506T shorly after for making large purchases and the income shown on the IRS 1040 was under $10K because I only worked part of that year. At day 62 I hit the Luv button asking for $25k and got it.

Seems like AmEx is more concerned with your history with THEM vs actual income. I thought about going for the 3 timex CLI, but decided not to chance it on the first try. Maybe in January I'll try for that.

Message 7 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily Total80skid. I've got my income listed as $40K/Retired and my initial limit was $10K. I got the 4506T shorly after for making large purchases and the income shown on the IRS 1040 was under $10K because I only worked part of that year. At day 62 I hit the Luv button asking for $25k and got it.

Seems like AmEx is more concerned with your history with THEM vs actual income. I thought about going for the 3 timex CLI, but decided not to chance it on the first try. Maybe in January I'll try for that.

First off, congrats Slim and kudos to Joe for the assist!

gailjnh, that's a really fantastic income-to-credit-line ratio for one card!  I'm really looking forward to seeing how far they're going to allow me to take my SPG over the next year or so, and whether they'll beat BOA to the punch on giving me my current goal credit line.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Came back because I realized after I hit post that I forgot to congratulate Slim on the increase. So, Congrats Slim. Mark the 6 month date on your calendar and try again.

K-InBoston - Yeah, I was pretty pleased with it. It's my highest limit card to date and the Hilton Surpass. I run almost everything thru it each month and pay it 6-8 times a month. Just this weekend I ran about $5K through it up in your neck of the woods.  Went up to Boston and met my son there (from Seattle) so with hotel rooms, meals, etc. Ended up with somewhere around 245000-250000 Hilton points for the trip as well. And I'm hoping it will help me with my Citi cards when they hid 6 months for higher limits (Hilton Honors at $5K and AA at $6.5K).

Message 9 of 11
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

At 6 months, what do I ask for then?!?! $90,000???

10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.