Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI increase success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 3x CLI increase success!!

Hello!

I've been working pretty hard on my credit the last 6 months as well as education my girlfriend on

everything I've read in the forumns.  In March she applied for a AMEX BCE card and was approved

for 4K and added me as an authroized user.  I wanted to pull the trigger on the 61 day rule but was

being very strategic on timing.  Paying down her USAA card and other things to maximize her score.

Of course, I had to educate her that it was just a soft pull for CLI and payment/spending behaviors

also mattered.  The first month, I PIF and reported a $92 dollar balance on the second month, PIF

every month after that.  Most of the montly charges were between $1200-$1500 but I always made

multiple payment or payed it all in full before the statement cut.  Being a little concervative I decided

to wait 105 days instead for requesting the CLI.  On Saturday, we went online and requested $12,000

which was 3X from the original $4,000.  It was immediately approved and was available in 15 minutes.

No HP, nothing crazy.  For her (since she has other cards) her UTIL will go from 22% to a single digit 

while mine will go from 43% to 27%.  The next steps are also strategic.  I have been with NFCU since 

2017 but have never applied for any of their products outside of checking and saving.  I put a lot into

savings there.  I went to the prequal tool and it said I was prequalified but I am holding steady as I am

waiting for 2 baddies to finally come off.  The key to all this is patience!  Anyways, I thought it worked

out well with AMEX specially during these difficult times.  I am not sure if this strategy will work but I 

made every payment to AMEX from my bank account hoping one day I'll get an offer.  I'll keep everyone

updated.  Thanks for reading!

-AK

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x CLI increase success!!

Congratulations on GF CLI!

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to her on the very nice 3x CLI Smiley Happy

The fact that you are an AU indicates you are not blocked by Amex from holding your own cards, not sure if it will make a difference if you pay from your bank account or not as far as an offer for your own card. I would try the prequal and see what comes up when you are ready.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your 3X CLI!!!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you!  I will most likely stay patient until the baddies come off before I even do 

the prequalification.  Thank you for the response!

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 6 of 13
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

|  
Message 7 of 13
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the cli!

I was just approved for the BCE this morning ($2000 limit) and am looking forward to shooting my shot when the time comes. 🤗

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations as well!  I'll look forward to an update!

-AK

Message 9 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on GF's Amex BCE 3X CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.