cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 91 DAYS IS ALMOST UP - WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 91 DAYS IS ALMOST UP - WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update and share the great news. I requested for my CLI today and got approved finally, bringing my CL from 1k to 3K. Thank you again for your inputs. 

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

I'm doing the same thing.

Using the BCE a lot, then once the pending things post, I pay it off.

Congrats!  Moving to approvals.

Message 11 of 33
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Superb job on getting your increase. Im coming up on my biggie so we'll seeSmiley Wink EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 13 of 33
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats, Clark!
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
When I hit the CLI button at day 30 I was told to call.

I called and was told by the CSR that I had to have the card at least 60 days before I could ask for an increase and assured me I wasn't denied, just stated their policy.

Not sure if those who got an increase before 60 days are new to AMEX, or the CSR was lying/misinformed or it's a newer policy.

My 61 days is coming up on the 24th.

After using it a lot these past 2 months, if they don't give me a 3x increase from my $1k limit, all of my spending will go to Discover Smiley Happy

As for me, I spend conservatively across all of my accounts, making sure that I utilize them all based on the statement cut off dates, so usually the first half of the month goes to the BCE and Cap1, then the second half of the month goes to Discover and AMEX Green, I spend about 500 - 600 on each card per month and all paid in full leaving some small balances to report on one or two accounts each cycle. I hope you'll get the CLI on your AMEX this 24th, but just in case you don't. Keep using it, and put your spend on it the way you would normally do but don't SD the card as that won't give them a reason to grow your account too. I got upset when I got denied on my 61 days, but then, quickly recovered from it and just kept going. So go for the approval and make sure you check where your scores are at, and all the factors helping and hurting you and you should be able to gauge where your approval odds is at.

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Superb job on getting your increase. Im coming up on my biggie so we'll seeSmiley Wink EnjoySmiley Happy

Excited to hear the good news when it happens AJC. Keep us educated and informed.

Message 16 of 33
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats and thanks for keeping us posted

Message 17 of 33
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@clark

My AMEX FICO just updated and is almost 10 points higher at 694.

Keeping my fingers (and legs) crossed!
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

may as well cross your eyes too. why leave anything on the table?

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Total80sKid wrote:
@Anonymous

That's awesome! I'm sure you'll come back with favorable news to share. I'm excited for you

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.