Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX APPROVAL! DEFINITELY SHOCKED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX APPROVAL! DEFINITELY SHOCKED!

So I wanted an AMEX to complete my card profile. In the past few weeks, I applied for the Cap 1 VentureOne, Discover IT, and now the Amex Delta card. I'm super excited because my profile is not clean at all. 3 unpaid collections and unpaid chargeoff. I plan to pay them once they verify everything. I'm not falling for the okee doke. But all in all my app spree is complete. I was preapproved for the BCE but I was scared, so I went with the Delta. So Amex definitely gave me a chance, and I plan to do right by them! And all of my cards of course. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX APPROVAL! DEFINITELY SHOCKED!

Congrats on completing your spree with the cards that you want in your portfolio.  You've got a nice lineup.  Enjoy!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 3 of 23
jbsea
Established Contributor

Congrats on all your approvals.... Nice to get the cards you want.  Good job.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very awesome, congrats! I have the same AMEX (as an authorized user) and it comes in handy. I'm wanting to build my scores up so that I can get the BCE from AMEX, that's one of my main goals. 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It sure is a great feeling when you get approved for something you really want!

Message 8 of 23
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting "IN" with Amex. Can you share some more details about your credit profile. It would be most helpful to those of us that are trying to get in with Amex. What were your scores? Can you please elaborate on your baddies? Thanks again, it's much appreciated. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ex-655, TU-667, EQ-650, not sure what my updated TU and EQ scores are. Charge off is a private student loan from Chase $6k, 2 collections were from apartments in undergrad..$2700,$1300...and the last collect is a dte bill..$700... The chase was opened in 08, but last update in 2014... The collections were all updated between 2013 and one was updated this year.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.