cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AUTO CLI 10K to $33900 ... Possible IV?

tag
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

AMEX AUTO CLI 10K to $33900 ... Possible IV?

Hey MyFICO Family
🥳 Happy New Year yah yah few days late
I try to keep it going cuz it’s my B-Day month 😆

Ok so today in the GothamCave I am paying bills
Get to my Amex Surpass Card and looked twice on the GothamPUTER and said wait what!!!!

10K increase on my Surpass Card!!!! TCL $33900

Ok I’m not saying I don’t want it but the extra extra IV stuff... I’m the person who enjoys anonymity got burned long ago ID theft took years to clear me up and just sending my life in the mail or “secured” emails just ain’t my style and I rather stay under the radar and be happy but it was nice to see all the hard work pay off and the Auto increases that’s ❤️❤️ so .....

“Riddle” me this ... Does one stay and play the IV game and risk The “poision”IV game ? Lol

A Little Batman Humor but no “laughing Joke” haha 🤣

2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX AUTO CLI 10K to $33900 ... Possible IV?

Congrats on that CLI!

Message 2 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the auto luv there

As for your question/concern that depends on why one is asking for an increase once the limits get that high. Propping up utilization, card is a daily driver, and even "I just want them as high as I want" are all legitimate reasons to me. Then with AMEX it's a question of am I comfortable providing 4506-T transcripts or do I want to play the slight increases from here on out play. Considering the other cards in your signature I don't think asking for at least $5k is out of line without triggering anything. Even if it did you can always back out and request a smaller increase til they auto-approve it

Barring all that you could just continue on with life and maybe AMEX will surprise you with more auto increases. Stranger things have happened before

Message 4 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI and happy early birthday 🎂!
Message 5 of 13
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Congrats on the auto luv there

As for your question/concern that depends on why one is asking for an increase once the limits get that high. Propping up utilization, card is a daily driver, and even "I just want them as high as I want" are all legitimate reasons to me. Then with AMEX it's a question of am I comfortable providing 4506-T transcripts or do I want to play the slight increases from here on out play. Considering the other cards in your signature I don't think asking for at least $5k is out of line without triggering anything. Even if it did you can always back out and request a smaller increase til they auto-approve it

Barring all that you could just continue on with life and maybe AMEX will surprise you with more auto increases. Stranger things have happened before

@simplynoirTHANKS!!! Surpass was the old Citi Hilton Honors Reserved Card when the switch happened like 2 years ago... The family network of Hilton is something we have always used for 10+ years so i never really "look" to ask for increases they just appear... But NOW I'm looking at BCP I like the 6% groceries and Streaming 3% gas vs US BANK $+ I am like should I app and then IV shows up do i call and reduce the 10K then My head spins and I feel like I took SCARECROW Gas and trip out... LOL I am really making a Big Think and Thing Out of Nothing 20+ years January 2020 with AMEX and No Baddies so i guess i am always thinking and mindful with the 25K/35K IV / FinRev I just like to APP get the approval and enjoy So it is nice to talk with everyone with cumulative knowledge to get a weigh in

Message 6 of 13
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your CLI and happy early birthday 🎂!

@AllZero
Thank you Much I'm always looking forward to a Batman Cake or Ice Cream Cake ..in the Dead of Winter hahaha!!!!!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Hilton Surpass auto luv!

Message 8 of 13
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous
Thanks!!!
You are The Amex Siggy Ambassador... any insights on going forward with an app spree on Amex future products BCP or others????

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gotham- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous
Thanks!!!
You are The Amex Siggy Ambassador... any insights on going forward with an app spree on Amex future products BCP or others????

Since Amex doesn't care about new accounts and inquries, you are good to app whenever you are ready. Just go for the highest SUB available. Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.