Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approvals, Finally.

tag
charp150
Valued Member

AMEX Approvals, Finally.

Happy to share some good news on the forum.  I burned AMEX about 20 years ago for ~3k and have been a citizen of the blacklist for a long, long time.  In November of 2017 I cold app'd for the PRG and was approved.  Despite having an EX FICO in the mid 700s I have been invariably denied for any other of thier cards (revolving or charge).  I would typically app for one (or more) about once a month or so with denials every time.  I recently took a new position at my employer requiring a lot of travel.  Accordingly, I have been going after the AMEX Platinum charge and the Delta Plat (fly them exclusively).  I run about $2500/mo through the PRG and PIF early. 

Anyway, this weekend I app'd for the Delta plat and was approved with a $1400 SL.  I sat and stared with my mouth open at the screen waiting to be redirected to the denial page.  Also decided to app for the platinum charge and was approved instantly.  I think I was in shock for about an hour.  

Interestingly, between my last denial (about a month prior) and my approvals on Saturday, I was issued an AMEX corp card from my employer (fully backed by them, I have no liability to AMEX).  AMEX HP'd me for it.  While I have no evidence to suggest this was a factor in my approvals, it sure does seem coincidental.  I'm wondering if the corp card had an impact on AMEX's internal risk models.  

My DP's

EX FICO 8 - 719 (no derogs, lates, etc... score is weakened due to new recent accounts and inq's)

Income - 220K (W2)

AAoA - 3y 7m

I'd like to know if my Delta platinum approval with the $1400 SL is part of AMEX's 'credit steps' program.  I'm hoping to get a 61d 3x CLI.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approvals, Finally.

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 2 of 20
jl4
Established Contributor

@charp150 wrote:

I'd like to know if my Delta platinum approval with the $1400 SL is part of AMEX's 'credit steps' program.  I'm hoping to get a 61d 3x CLI.  

Thanks!

If it is, you should get an email describing that, specifically.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 3 of 20
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! It must feel great to be off of Amex's blacklist!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 20
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals, nice to be back in the family right! The Platinum should benefit your travels pretty significantly.

Message 5 of 20
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 6 of 20
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations. Amex bought me in from the dark side last year also. AEEFED7C-36EC-4DFB-8840-78474C93A5BD.gif

Message 7 of 20
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Congrates on the approvalCongratulations_misti.gif

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 20
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

No. Your card is not in the credit steps program. You are eligible for 3X CLI in 61 days.

Welcome back to the club.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.