Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approvals - New cards again after 4 months

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

AMEX Approvals - New cards again after 4 months

4 months after getting approved for Hilton & Delta Skymiles gold card (both just $1K approvals), today i tried to check if i have any pre approvals (with the message 'you are pre-approved). There was none. All were showing extend your relationship with Amex and blah blah...usual message they always show, which basically means you are not pre approved. I still tried for Delta Platinum since it was giving 75K miles for 3000 spend and surprisingly after hitting submit it started taking long time and i got an email AMEX pulled my credit (surprised they did that being logged into my account) and it showed me a message to verify my phone number (that time i know i am almost approved, just didnt want to see another 1K approval). Anyway, after submitting all it came back as approved. Then i thought of trying incognito mode since AMEX already pulled one report and got approved AMEX Everyday card (no annual fee), sign up bonus 20K points for 1000 spend...awesome!! Biggest surprise of all was both the card i got approved for has a limit of $10,000 !!! 

This is the biggest amex approval for me. All i got only 1K cards from them with failed attempts of CLIs. One surprising thing is it asked me to create a new login for Delta Platinum saying cannot be added to my existing login...oh well! What a morning Smiley Happy

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Approvals - New cards again after 4 months

Congrats and nice SL!!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

HPs generally suck but that one was worth it for sure. Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
HPs generally suck but that one was worth it for sure. Congrats Smiley Happy

This one sure is. Specially my approval history with them being only 1K always lol.

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@sghosh5  .. Congratulations!

now call Amex and have a Rep add the card to your existing account!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I’ve been trying to get the 20k MR for $1k SUB on the Everyday but I am only getting the 20K for $2K offer. How many times did you try incognito mode to get that offer?
Message 7 of 13
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! I’ve been trying to get the 20k MR for $1k SUB on the Everyday but I am only getting the 20K for $2K offer. How many times did you try incognito mode to get that offer?

Just tried once.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was 25k for $2k I would do it. Spending $2k for the 20K sub isn’t worth it. I will just keep trying in incognito for the $1k sub. Thanks!
Message 9 of 13
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If it was 25k for $2k I would do it. Spending $2k for the 20K sub isn’t worth it. I will just keep trying in incognito for the $1k sub. Thanks!

yes true specially when MR points are not that great to redeem. I have Platinum and Gold cards and SUBs from them can accumulate with this one and then it will give me round trip tickets for a nice vacation haha

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.