Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approvals!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Approvals!

30 Days ago, I applied for the Amex BCE card and was denied with a 649 EX (Fico 8).  The application said to apply again in 30 days... so I did (today) and was approved for the Amex Delta Gold with a $1,000 SL and a 651 EX (Fico 8).  I did get a hard-pull, obviously, for this approval...

However,  I went ahead and applied for the AMEX Gold Charge card and was also approved for that about 45 minutes later.  Did not get a HP for this app.  Also, unsure of purchase power right now, but they said to check back in 24 hours as the account has not yet registered.

I've been rebuilding for about 4 months now and finally see some light.  Hope this helps everyone else out there in the same situation trying to climb the mountain!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Approvals!

Congrats on the approvals! Amex is well known for it's 3x CLI after 60 days and then 180 days after.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t play around with the spending level checker as it has been known to trigger a financial review.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn’t play around with the spending level checker as it has been known to trigger a financial review.

Any datapoints showing that this has ever happened?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you be more specific?  How do you know how much you can push the card to if you don't know what the limit is?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any datapoints showing that this has ever happened?

It's been known that playing with that button too many times can lead to a financial review. YMMV

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Known by whom?

Here's what Pooka89, an actual Amex employee, says about the spending power button:

"Re: Amex Charge limits
When you use this function, you are telling the system that you WILL be using your card for that purchase within 8 days. Don't play with it!"

But I've never heard about a financial review because of pressing the spending power button and I've been an Amex member since 1995.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Known by whom?

Here's what Pooka89, an actual Amex employee, says about the spending power button:

"Re: Amex Charge limits
When you use this function, you are telling the system that you WILL be using your card for that purchase within 8 days. Don't play with it!"

But I've never heard about a financial review because of pressing the spending power button and I've been an Amex member since 1995.

Posts and comments all over the interwebs from people who have experienced it... I've seen plenty.  It's pretty simple to search out those datapoints if yo so desire. Google, youtube, myFICO forums, etc...

Message 9 of 14
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

"Playing" with the Check Spending Power repeatedly will trigger fraud prevention to investigate you will not "bust out".

The keyword here is "repeatedly" - meaning several times in one session with ever increasing (large) spending trials.

DO NOT do this. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

If you have DEFINITE large purchase upcoming, call CSR to alert the company if the charge is abnormal to your normal spending patterns to ensure the charge will be approved.

#anounceofprevention
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.