On the chopping block:

Message 11 of 14
MaizeandBlue
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Approvals!

@freshcredit2 wrote:

@MaizeandBlue wrote:

Known by whom?

Here's what Pooka89, an actual Amex employee, says about the spending power button:

"Re: Amex Charge limits
When you use this function, you are telling the system that you WILL be using your card for that purchase within 8 days. Don't play with it!"

But I've never heard about a financial review because of pressing the spending power button and I've been an Amex member since 1995.

Posts and comments all over the interwebs from people who have experienced it... I've seen plenty.  It's pretty simple to search out those datapoints if yo so desire. Google, youtube, myFICO forums, etc...

If you're going to claim that pressing the spending power button will trigger Financial Review, then you need to present the proof of that happening.  I shouldn't have to go looking for it.

Financial Review by Amex has a specific definition and it involves them asking for a signed Form 4506-T to obtain a transcript of your tax returns from the IRS.  Repeatedly using the Spending Power tool can cause your account to be investigated; but that investigation is definitely not the same as a Financial Review which will shut your account down if the tax information is not provided.

Message 12 of 14
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

https://youtu.be/VW-fJvMtRH8
Skip to 5 minute mark
Message 13 of 14
doinit1
Valued Contributor

Not bad at all for only being 4 months in....congrats on your approvals.....Smiley Happy

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(4.1k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (1k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(4.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (500✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until June 2021

FICO 8 Scores EX 700 EQ 696 TU 703
AAOA 5.2yrs TCL=268,700
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.