Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approved! 2nd card today!

tag
Omw800
Contributor

Re: AMEX Approved! 2nd card today!

Congratulations 🎉🍾

I have a question— how do we know it’s a sp and not delayed reporting? Is this a information amex will confirm ?
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 23
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Thank you.

It's been confirmed on here.  I also have my EX locked so if they tried to pull it, it would have been blocked and I would have had an immediate alert like when discover tried to pull it.  Keep in mind, this is only if you already have an Amex card.

alert.jpg

Message 12 of 23
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Do you plan to call and request a higher limit once your card arrives?

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 13 of 23
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@19eighty5 wrote:

Congratulations on your approval! Do you plan to call and request a higher limit once your card arrives?

I don't need to but I definitely will.  No harm since they told me to ask when it arrives.

Message 14 of 23
Omw800
Contributor

Can I use the block feature through my Fico?

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Message 15 of 23
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@Omw800 wrote:

Can I use the block feature through my Fico?

I just purchased my 3B from here the other day so I havent explored in depth yet so I can't give a definitive answer on that.  You can always go to the experian website and add a freeze.  I keep all mine frozen.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats on your NFCU and Amex approvals! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 23
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! I love the Amex SP for new cards now. And the way they handle pre approval is very cool. I never knew they were doing it that way until I clicked the apply button. I've had A+ experience with them and am very happy with our accounts.
Message 18 of 23
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!!! Now that you've had the second amex card for a moment, can you update us on the card opening date on your CR? Did they back-date the account or does it show the account opening date when you got the approval?  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 19 of 23
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@HighAchiever wrote:

Congrats on your approvals!!! Now that you've had the second amex card for a moment, can you update us on the card opening date on your CR? Did they back-date the account or does it show the account opening date when you got the approval?  Smiley Happy

Thabks! Open date shows 4/2019 but it shows member since 11 on the actual card and in my acct.  I actually got the Gold a few days ago as well and card shows member since 11 and in acct but the report will show5/2019.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.