Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE 2X CLI 180 Days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE 2X CLI 180 Days

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure about the accuracy of the huge thread, in regards to the 61 day rule but I believe the 61 rule no longer applies. As a matter of fact the AMEX representative that I spoke to (I had to call in after I apped to verify some info) prompted me to ask for a CLI when I activated my card.

I was approved for the BCE card on March 27th with a 1k limit. When I got my card I requested a 3 x CLI at activation and was denied. When I got the letter in the mail it specifically stated that I couldn't ask for a CLI until  I had the card for 61 days. The letter actually says to try after 61 days. I guess it's fair to say that everyone's situation is truly different.

It seems that just like with every lender they have their own criteria on how to handle every one of their customers.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not sure about the accuracy of the huge thread, in regards to the 61 day rule but I believe the 61 rule no longer applies. As a matter of fact the AMEX representative that I spoke to (I had to call in after I apped to verify some info) prompted me to ask for a CLI when I activated my card.

I was approved for the BCE card on March 27th with a 1k limit. When I got my card I requested a 3 x CLI at activation and was denied. When I got the letter in the mail it specifically stated that I couldn't ask for a CLI until  I had the card for 61 days. The letter actually says to try after 61 days. I guess it's fair to say that everyone's situation is truly different.

This was exactly my understanding from reading through that monster thread.  I'm very surprised to hear that the OP of this thread experienced something completely different, and seemingly very rare.

Do a quick search in the approval section of the forum and you'll see dozens of CLI threads when activating AMEX cards Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do a quick search in the approval section of the forum and you'll see dozens of CLI threads when activating AMEX cards Smiley Happy

I guess the questions, then, are if you get a CLI on an Amex card just after it's activated...

1 - Is it able to be a 3X CLI like the one can be at 61 days?

and

2 - If you get an immediate CLI after activation, are you still able to receive a CLI after 61 days OR do you then have to wait 180 days?

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brutalbodyshots after I received my CLI when I activated my card I tried again at 61 & 91 days (mainly as tests) but was only successful at 180 days. This was my experience, YMMV. And when I was denied the letters would basically say that they can't increase my CL within 6 months of already receiving a CLI.
Message 14 of 33
itsnew
Contributor

I got the same letter when I requested the cli
img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.  It would see that one can receive, then, an instant CLI after approval OR a CLI after 61 days but not both.  I guess my question is if the CLI received just after approval can also be a 3X CLI the way the one 61 days after approval can be?

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brutalbodyshots you can't definitely try, I did, but was countered with a 2X CLI.
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can****** not "can't". Stupid phone. Lol.
Message 18 of 33
myscore1
New Contributor

I should receive my BCP today, so I will add my experience to this thread when I activate it. I was going to wait the 61 days based on the monster thread, but what the heck. I wonder if it has to do with the initial  credit line. Mine is 10K, and maybe I am pushing it doing it this early on. We will see. 

EQ 634 TU 628 EX 662 November 2015
EQ 717 TU 675 EX 727 January 2016
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to hearing the results!

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.