Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE 3x CLI to 6k question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCE 3x CLI to 6k question

Hi Y'all,

Opened my account on February 3rd 2017 with AMEX, a BCE card - given a $2k SL with 705-710 FICO

Now on May 26 2017, requested 3x CLI ... approved... now hold $6k CL with 720 FICO

three statements util ranges from 20% to 30% each

What's the next step for me?

When can I request my CL increase to $18k --- and would this trigger an FR?

What point triggers FR?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE 3x CLI to 6k question

Congratulations on your 3x increase. Looks like another 181 days until you are eligible for your next increase (depending on your profile). Use it, pay it and enjoy it......Smiley Happy

Finacial Review would have to be 25k or more for some and then there are some who get over 25k with no review.....

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Y'all,

Opened my account on February 3rd 2017 with AMEX, a BCE card - given a $2k SL with 705-710 FICO

Now on May 26 2017, requested 3x CLI ... approved... now hold $6k CL with 720 FICO

three statements util ranges from 20% to 30% each

What's the next step for me?

When can I request my CL increase to $18k --- and would this trigger an FR?

What point triggers FR?

Also...check out this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase!!!

I read somewhere that the likelihood of getting the tax release form is exponentially higher after 34,500$ or something along those lines. I also read of people getting it after 28K as well. With that being said I doubt 18k would trigger the 4506 request.
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Op, nice jumpSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

You won't likely trigger a financial review at all by asking for a CLI. However, there may be a point where you're asked for proof of income.

This is an important distinction. Financial review is awful, and it isn't optional. It's usually triggered by some sort of bizarre spending pattern. Proof of income is optional. If you're asked for it and don't care to provide it, back out and request a lesser CLI.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 68-70k income.....
Would this be ok if I went to 18k then to 54k?

When would I be able to request my next CLI?
Message 7 of 11
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increase.  You will be eligible to ask again at 180 days/6months after this most recent increase.  6k to 18k.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I have no crazy spending patterns is it possible to be FR'ed for a CLI?
Message 9 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Don't sweat it EQ, use this site http://www.convertunits.com/dates/daysfromdate/ and plug in the date you received your last increase. Enter 180 days from that day. That will give you an idea of when to request the next CLI.

If you trigger IV(income verification) and choose not to send it in. Just back out of app and lower your request until it's a instant approval.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.