Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE 61 day CLI

tag
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCE 61 day CLI

Approved!
Today is day 61 for my AMEX card.
SL was $2,000 requested my 3x at $6,000 and was instantly approved!
Looking ahead when should I request my next CLI?

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE 61 day CLI

• You must wait a period of six months in between credit limit increases from American Express. This applies across all of your American Express cards.
  • If you’re denied, you must wait 90 days before applying for an increase again.

Take a look at this thread. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/180898...

Y

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations for hitting on the 3x CLI! Here is link that might help on the 181+ rule https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Message 3 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 14
jlitnns
Established Contributor

All right! Congrats!

Robot Very Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call AMEX and they will readily give you your next date for a requested CL. If you apply early they will deny you, but it’s a soft pull and won’t hurt. At the same time, they will give you the exact date (say tomorrow Feb 17, 2018) when you can request for one. Unlike a CRA’s dispute, you do not restart the clock – ask a day early and they will quickly tell you to apply again tomorrow.

I've had AMEX for a long time and never bothered to ask for an increase. I usually only use it internationally and my CL is sufficient; however, after one trip I noticed I was approaching my limit (when I got back). Of course I paid it off and did not let it interfere with my score; but I came back early and would have been up an AMEX creek if I stayed my full length. I called and asked for an increase (didn’t know about the 3x at that time). Got it and simply said thank you. Less than a year later I got a notification from AMEX asking if I needed/wanted another CL increase. Said Okay, and then less than a year after that I got another email asking the same question. Said no then since I had/have more than I needed; but I had a detailed conversation with the agent that gave me the information I just reported. For those of you that know me from the forums, I check things out. Yep it works, as long as your history (and CS) is still good with them!

Y

Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

6 monthsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gongrats on you cli! Was is 61 days from when you were approved for the card?

Message 8 of 14
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congrats with the 3x CLI!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 9 of 14
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Gongrats on you cli! Was is 61 days from when you were approved for the card?

Yes, 61 days from account opening.  I added it to my calander on my phone, went to the website during my lunch break, filled the form in, clicked on submit and instant approval!  I already have my 181 day programed in :-)

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.