Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE AUTO CLI

tag
VipreArmed
Contributor

AMEX BCE AUTO CLI

Woke up Monday morning with a message from AMEX saying they have auto CLI my credit limit $1,000 to $3,700.  While I'm thrilled for an increase, does anyone know if that affects the timeline for asking for an increase?  I've had my card since April and havent asked for a credit increase because I wanted to get my utilization down and scores higher.  Does anyone know if I have to wait now 61 days, 90 days or 180 days for an increase since they gave me one auto or can I request more now?  I feel like I could be leaving some on the table OR AMEX could be telling me "TAKE THIS FOR NOW LOL!"

Anyone had any history with auto cli and the timeframe after to request?  Any help would be appreciated.

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE AUTO CLI

Warning! STEP AWAY FROM THE CREDIT CARD, VIPREARMEDSmiley Wink

Sorry had to do itSmiley Happy.

Nice job getting a 3x.7 on auto, that means,they like you. My understanding is getting auto does NOT reset your clock, you are charged and ready to go when you feel you are readySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your credit increase!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 9
etstrong98
New Contributor

You must be living right.... congrats
FICO EX 811, EQ 821, TU 826
Message 4 of 9
VipreArmed
Contributor

Update:  So I woke up this morning and my Capital One got an Auto CLI (came out of their credit steps program) and I decided, what the hell.  I've seen the luv from comenity lately (still reluctant- don't want to risk a HP) and the luv from Sync (next on my list) and I said let's revisit this AMEX CLI.

As I said in the OP, they auto CLI to $3700 so I figured I didn't want to be greedy and rock the boat and go for 3x because I wasn't sure if I can get one with the auto CLI just happening, so I put a number at $6500

INSTANTLY APPROVED!!!!!!

I'm floored right now.  Last year at this time, I had one Capital One secured card with <$500 on it.   I can't believe just by being responsible and taking initiative of fixing my credit I have a credit card with $6500 on it, not to mention the other cards I have.  Tis the season everybody.  They are giving out the luv!  

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Message 5 of 9
shoegal
Valued Contributor

That’s really awesome! Congrats 🎉

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job OP, but one should try to live the Gmood1 lifestyle when it comes to requesting your cli, no pain no gain, no fear no , live or let die, or ...ok ya get the point haha. But thats a great increase. Enjoy your Amex for the holidaysSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. In my case my amex card grew quickly.

I started out with a $2k BCE card around 1 year 8 months ago. It currently sits at $30k and I am most likely going to leave it there. Hopefully you have the same luck with yours.

Message 8 of 9
VipreArmed
Contributor

Thanks everyone.   I'd love at least a 10k limit on one card.  I might be scared of a 30k LOL.  I'm just shocked to have as much as I do right now.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.