cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Approval! All thanks to you guys!

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

AMEX BCE Approval! All thanks to you guys!

So my day has been made! I applied for an AMEX Zync back in August and got a Green in November with mid 600 scores and one unpaid medical collection. I got two charge cards simply to build a relationship with AMEX. Goal: Get that BCE! I got a Discover It, Chase Freedom, and SECU ScoreCard along the way since then but that dang BCE escaped me. I started applying at the end of November knowing it was a soft pull if I was declined. I didn't want to recon to avoid the hard pull. I applied each month after the 30 days was up. The main reason for decline was my FICO score and length of time with AMEX. I continued to apply trying to find that magic amount of time  with AMEX that would get me approved (I also got the medical collection deleted with a PFD). I think I found it. 6 months seems to be ideal because today, 4 days after my 6th Zync statement I was APPROVED for the BCE.

I had promised myself after each card (Discover It, Freedom) that I would go into the garden and wait patiently for my AMEX's to age, but since a decline is a soft pull (which I learned from these wonderful forums) I decided to keep at it. Now, I can officially put my behind in the garden for a good long time. I have the cards I have always wanted and I am so thankful to these forums because I have gone from two crappy capital one starters to an AMEX BCE in 6 months. Thank you all!

PS. How soon can I find out my credit limit? Can I call now?

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Approval! All thanks to you guys!

Hey that's awesome news! Congrats to you. I app'd for a BCE on February 26 and got approved as well. Unfortunately, it was only for $1000 and the APR was not favorable at all. On the bright side, I now am the proud owner of an Amex revolver and thus, my journey to collect my most coveted cards is complete. Cheers!

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Call Amex new acc (888) 826-3471 They might be able to tell you what your credit limit is... And Congrat on the Approval btw

Message 3 of 10
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Forgot to add that you can call them up right now and find out what your limit will be.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Dont forget: on the 61st day, you can get a 3xcli!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thats great!!!  Congratulations!!

Don't forget about the Amex 61 day 3XCLI Smiley Happy  or what the youngandcreditworthy said....hehe

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 6 of 10
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@jpparker07 wrote:

So my day has been made! I applied for an AMEX Zync back in August and got a Green in November with mid 600 scores and one unpaid medical collection. I got two charge cards simply to build a relationship with AMEX. Goal: Get that BCE! I got a Discover It, Chase Freedom, and SECU ScoreCard along the way since then but that dang BCE escaped me. I started applying at the end of November knowing it was a soft pull if I was declined. I didn't want to recon to avoid the hard pull. I applied each month after the 30 days was up. The main reason for decline was my FICO score and length of time with AMEX. I continued to apply trying to find that magic amount of time  with AMEX that would get me approved (I also got the medical collection deleted with a PFD). I think I found it. 6 months seems to be ideal because today, 4 days after my 6th Zync statement I was APPROVED for the BCE.

I had promised myself after each card (Discover It, Freedom) that I would go into the garden and wait patiently for my AMEX's to age, but since a decline is a soft pull (which I learned from these wonderful forums) I decided to keep at it. Now, I can officially put my behind in the garden for a good long time. I have the cards I have always wanted and I am so thankful to these forums because I have gone from two crappy capital one starters to an AMEX BCE in 6 months. Thank you all!

PS. How soon can I find out my credit limit? Can I call now?

Congrats on the approval! I just got approved as well but I went straight for the BCP Smiley Happy

Since I was an AU on another BCE got it backdated to February 2012 :-) 

To check your credit limit (assuming it was an instant approval) use this number:

Application status number: 1-800-567-1083

Speak "application status" 

will ask for last 4 of SSN and zip code. 

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 7 of 10
jpparker07
New Contributor

Alright I called and they matched my highest limit with my credit union which was 2000.00! Very excited! In 61 days hopefully that will turn into 6000!
Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 8 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.