Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCE Approval

Who is in the AMEX fam? This guy that's who. So my credit was in the total crappers 6 months ago. I mean sub 600. Fast forward and here I sit cusp of 700 across all 3 CRAs. New NFCU. Disco and now AMEX BCE. My cl has quadrupled this past week alone. Read, monitor reports and pay bf due dates. Be responsible and never stop learning. Thanks peeps for the knowledge and inspiration
Cheers 👍🏻
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Approval

@Anonymous wrote:
Who is in the AMEX fam? This guy that's who. So my credit was in the total crappers 6 months ago. I mean sub 600. Fast forward and here I sit cusp of 700 across all 3 CRAs. New NFCU. Disco and now AMEX BCE. My cl has quadrupled this past week alone. Read, monitor reports and pay bf due dates. Be responsible and never stop learning. Thanks peeps for the knowledge and inspiration
Cheers 👍🏻

Congrats!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Great work with improving your scores in such a short period of time.
Message 3 of 10
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Awesome job! It's such a great feeling, isn't it?! Welcome to the Amex family! I have to say, I've been very happy with them as a bank. Enjoy your new card!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice rebuild! We must have similar tastes as I picked up the same cards recently. The BCE has been great, I was a bit worried about what stores counted as "supermarket" as I had seen posts (most from 2015 and prior) about inconsistencies with grocery stores qualifying for 3%. Happy to have found this seems to no longer be as much of a problem as every place I've wanted/expected it to work has; trader Joe's & Harris teeter primarily, but also kroger, food lion, fresh market, whole foods and other random markets. A number of those stores are some I had seen reported as not qualifying. Only regret was not apping the preferred for 6% but I was worried it wouldn't qualify for my regular stores and didn't want to change shopping habits. Congrats again!
Message 5 of 10
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

How much was your SL?

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truth! I just got approved (I'm still shocked) for the BCE and Disco, two cards that I've never been able to get apporoved for! BCE is only $500, but that foot is in the door! Disco was a bit more generous at $1800.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Welcome to the AMEX Family!  

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep doing what you’re doing because it’s obviously paying off for you.

Congrats!
Message 9 of 10
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the AMEX family! Don't mind uncle Rufus in the corner there - he's drunk with egg nog this holiday season.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.