Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Approved! (On third attempt)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCE Approved! (On third attempt)

Finally! AMEX has approved my app for a revolver after getting in with them with the Green card in August last year. Denied BCE first in September and then at the end of October with EX at 724. Approved today on the third try with $8K SL!!!

I suspected I might have a chance when they erolled my Green card in the Pay Over Time program with the full $35K. I'm done now. 6 months to a year or more in the garden for me! (Started with thin file in April 2017 with Cap1 and Discover Secured)

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE Approved! (On third attempt)

Congrats!

Data points?  Current FICO EX?  Any previous negative history with Amex?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No negatives or prior history with AMEX. Current EX 724. Stated self-employment income $25K. Utilization less than 5% over $16K in available credit across other cards. 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Nice SL.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NIce work.. Congrats.  3rd time is the charm as they say. 

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

8k is a great sl , 3 hps well worth possibilty of 24kSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job!!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
8k is a great sl , 3 hps well worth possibilty of 24kSmiley Happy

No hps at all, actually. The first two denials a few months ago were sps and apparently the approval today was as well, as I always get nearly instant notification from CK and a couple of other sites if I have a new hp.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I apped at 696 EX wish I would have waited a week as my EX jumped to 735. I got a long way to grow my 1k SL. I had BCE and the Everyday card. I closed one of them to try again in about 6 months for a better SL.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Congrats. I apped at 696 EX wish I would have waited a week as my EX jumped to 735. I got a long way to grow my 1k SL. I had BCE and the Everyday card. I closed one of them to try again in about 6 months for a better SL.

Thanks. I have no idea why they gave me that kind of SL. I fully expected 1K since they denied me twice before. I think history with them counts more than EX score, as they denied me with a 724 the second time, but now that my Green card account is nearly 180 days old they gave me the BCE. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.