Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Approved!

tag
shoegal
Valued Contributor

AMEX BCE Approved!

Hi guys! I've been reading here since May and your advice has helped me improve my credit tremendously so thank you! 

I have an Amex ED that I got at the end of June but I really wanted the BCE (I was preapproved for it, the BCP and ED before getting the ED) but I wasn't getting the good offer I wanted so I didn't apply for it until tonight. I cleared my browser's cookies and Amex showed me offers I've not seen before like $250 after you spend $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months so I went for it! I was instantly approved for $1,000 not great but I got the card and offer I wanted, and 0% APR for 12-months so I'm happy. Smiley Happy

My FICO 08 is 661, income $108k and 6 inquiries on EX. My utility is 6% and all my baddies are about 4-years old.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Approved!

Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I'm jealous. I really wanted this card when I got my approvals back a few days ago. Hopefully it'll be my turn in a couple of months when I get my UTI down a bit more!!

Message 4 of 16
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Loving my BCE, and the looks it gets are priceless! Enjoy.

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 5 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a great offerSmiley Happy Should buy lots of shoes for yaSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 16
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys! I can't wait for it to arrive. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on a great offerSmiley Happy Should buy lots of shoes for yaSmiley Wink

Thanks AJC! This made me laugh so hard!! Smiley Happy Definitely getting new shoes on an Amex-approved department store Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 16
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. I'm jealous. I really wanted this card when I got my approvals back a few days ago. Hopefully it'll be my turn in a couple of months when I get my UTI down a bit more!!

Thanks! I was denied when my utility was 33% and score over 671. They countered me with credit steps and no offer for BCE and showed me the same for ED. I took it but for the ED. I waited a month or so until the BCE showed me a good offer. Definitely, wait until your utility is under 9% to get the good bonus. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I got the same card and offer a few weeks back. They kept trying to give me the 150 offer but finally got the bigger one.  3 percent on groceries is good as well.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.