Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Auto-CLI

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AMEX BCE Auto-CLI

So this happened a few days ago but finally getting around to posting it. Got an alert from creditscore.com on an account change and thought perhaps it was another account reporting til I read the message itself and was surprised to say the least.

And sure enough when I went to check my AMEX account on the BCE earlier today there it was just after the statement cut is my best guess. No lines moved around, no changes in limits, nothing to explain this (and by that I mean I got no notification from AMEX as is normally the case from what I've seen/read) considering my recent increase on the SPG back in December.

I actually don't want this increase because I don't know how much more AMEX is willing to give me and want to save some of that credit for the future AMEX Marriott card whenever that will be announced. Recon is just a PITA I'd imagine and while I'm sure I could do it if it came to that because of max exposure transferring some of that line over I rather not deal with it if have to. For now I'm just gonna let it sit there since this is now one of my less used cards for the time being.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE Auto-CLI

Awesome auto @simplynoir! Congrats! 

Message 2 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Awesome auto @simplynoir! Congrats! 

Thanks but I legitly don't want it especially on that card lol.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

How long have you had BCE? 

Message 4 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks and since 2014.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice auto-increase!

I'm in a similar situation except for that I requested a CLI last December. My BCE went from $11k to $26.1k, and almost immediately after that I realized this might not be a good idea, since I could have applied for some other Amex cards with different benefits.

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I feel your pain Simply, im gonna call and ask Amex to let you drive StandardSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
I feel your pain Simply, im gonna call and ask Amex to let you drive StandardSmiley Wink

Just to let you know I snorted/laughed when I read that and everyone in the office is now looking at me. Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Nice auto-increase!

I'm in a similar situation except for that I requested a CLI last December. My BCE went from $11k to $26.1k, and almost immediately after that I realized this might not be a good idea, since I could have applied for some other Amex cards with different benefits.

Yeah, I mean no other AMEX revolvers interest me at the moment so it's not an issue for now but the credit exposure is a concern because I'm pretty sure I'm at near max with them. It gives me comfort that the next card I get if I get lowballed I can just take this limit and put it on the new card so there is that. So you can do what I will do if it comes to that at least.

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i understand not wanting over exposure. Id be happy with any auto from Amex because i think im set on cards i want from them. I tried tecently for a 3x but nothing so not sure if it wasnt correct time or just perhaps at my limit, which combined, isnt muchSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.