Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE CLI to $35k, avoided IV requests of higher amounts

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

AMEX BCE CLI to $35k, avoided IV requests of higher amounts

In summary:  Asking AMEX for CLI and kept getting IV requests with 50k, 45k, 40k, 38k, and 36k total credit line.  Instant approval of a CLI of $5k to $35k CL without an IV request.

Its been nearly 8 months since my DW got her 3x CLI on her AMEX BCE.  Didn't really think we would ask for a CLI after it went from a $10k SL to $30k after the 3x CLI happened.  But I got the CLI itch today, and Disco didn't share their love with me when I smashed their luv button... so I moved on to "greener pastures".

I knew AMEX would most likely request an IV (income verification) for total CL requests over $35k, but I attempted to see if we could get past the threshold.  No luck.  Asked for a $50k CL, got the screen stating income verification would be required.  Tried using the back button, and entered $45k CL.  However, a screen appeared saying a problem occurred and try again in 24 hours.  Tried several things and that screen kept creeping up.

I logged out and waited about 10 minutes for another shot, and again entered $45k CL request.  The IV screen appeared again.  Fearing the 24 hour screen would appear again if I hit the back button, I just went ahead and logged out of the AMEX account.  Logged back in and tried $40k CL. IV screen yet again.  Repeated with $38k and $36k requests, both getting the IV screen.  Finally got an instant approval without the IV screen when entering a $35k CL request.

Guess I'll try this again in 6 months or so... if the CLI bug starts biting again (who am I kidding, of course it will!).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE CLI to $35k, avoided IV requests of higher amounts

Congratulations on DW CLI!
Message 2 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the increase there

Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and Happy New Year!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Congrats on that 7X Amex BCE CLI!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations on Amax love!
"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 6 of 8
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 8
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.