Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Instant Approval $11,500/22.49%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCE Instant Approval $11,500/22.49%

[Final Edit: The card arrived in the mail 6 days after I applied!]

I was moderately intoxicated and in a celebratory mood, so I threw caution, reason, and I think my cable remote to the wind and cold-apped for the American Express Blue Cash Everyday card. I blame myFICO society and @Birdman7.

Instantly approved with $11,500 credit limit, 22.49% APR. $200 bonus after $1000 in spend over the first 3 months.

I got a letter from AMEX last month for the BCE with $200 bonus offer, but I shredded it already so I used this publicly available AMEX link:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/blue-cash-everyday/

Still got the $200 bonus, but it may have had something to do with the uBlock Origin ad-blocker in Firefox. Not sure about that, but it definitely wasn't in 'incognito mode'.

• The email confirmation did not arrive for about 2 hours after I applied online. I was kinda worried when I didn't see anything right away.
  • The instant approval page did not show me a credit limit or APR.
  • I had 2 cards at time of appproval and both were at 9% utilization. [Aggregate 9%, $1,214.99 of $13,500 TCL]
  • The APRs on those 2 cards are 15.75% and 16.74%. AMEX gave me 22.49%. Doesn't matter, never carrying a balance.
  • EX 8 735, TU 8 747, EQ 8 730
  • Zero scorable inquiries across the board, with 1 inq over 1yr on each bureau. (EX 0/1, TU 0/1, EQ 0/1)
  • AMEX pulled EX and shortly thereafter the free (Basic) Experian credit monitoring reported the inquiry along with an EX 8 score drop from 735 to 732, or -3pts.
  • AoOA 2yr 2mo
  • AAoA 1yr 6mo
  • AoYA 1yr 2mo
  • The following aging values are ones that may have some importance. Still gathering data for these. (R=Revolving)
  • AoORA 1yr 2mo
  • AAoRA 1yr 2mo
  • AoYRA 1yr 2mo (AoYA might really be AoYRA. Sure looks like it from recent testing by myself and @Birdman7.)

AMEX BCE approval.

And right after I closed the browser, I received this in email:

Too late, CK.

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Instant Approval $11,500/22.49%

Congrats!
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 65
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

Ha! I've never seen them hold back $1500 from an $11500 limit! God forbid you go haywire with that extra $1500, lol.  Oh and Congratulations!

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 3 of 65
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Was wondering when you would go and apply. Put your good score to use. Maybe a couple more apps on EQ and TU?

Message 4 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NimbusIII wrote:

Ha! I've never seen them hold back $1500 from an $11500 limit! God forbid you go haywire with that extra $1500, lol.  Oh and Congratulations!

Thank you!

$11,500 matches my highest limit on a Citi Costco Visa card. My total revolving credit history is 1yr 2mos, with 2 cards at the same age.

Maybe it's short revolving history, or maybe it's because both cards are reporting a balance at 9%.

Message 5 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

Congratulations on your approval! Was wondering when you would go and apply. Put your good score to use. Maybe a couple more apps on EQ and TU?

Thanks!

If I 100% knew that Discover would pull my TU 8 score, I'd do it right now. lol

Message 6 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew you were gonna cave soon! Congrats!

Message 7 of 65
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"I was moderately intoxicated and in a celebratory mood, so I threw caution, reason, and I think my cable remote to the wind"

champagne gif.gifCongratulations @Anonymous  fiesta.gif

Message 8 of 65
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

Thank you!

$11,500 matches my highest limit on a Citi Costco Visa card. My total revolving credit history is 1yr 2mos, with 2 cards at the same age.

Maybe it's short revolving history, or maybe it's because both cards are reporting a balance at 9%.

Mark your calendar The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Message 9 of 65
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Thanks!

If I 100% knew that Discover would pull my TU 8 score, I'd do it right now. lol

Join and apply with some CUs. BECU soft pull for membership, TU8 Hard Pull for CC products. PenFed EQ hardpull for membership and CC products.

Message 10 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.