Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Instant Approval $11,500/22.49%

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Instant Approval $11,500/22.49%

@Anonymous 

That's a great sl and very surprised but happy see that you pulled the trigger.  You landed a nice one.  Thanks for all the DP's...can't wait to read @Anonymous  reaction.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

UMB pulls TU. Their Simply Rewards card is somewhat coveted because they give 3% on groceries including discounts stores like Walmart and Target, 3% on dining (both restaurants and fast food), 3% on gas. 

If you would think you would ever want that card, get it before you get a bunch more because they only like to extend new credit to people who don't have a ton of other cards. Same goes for cards like SDFCU cash back (EX2) and First Tech Odyssey (I don't remember who they pull) - there are a lot of doors that get closed when you have more than 4 or 5 cards or pass your annual income in card limits, whichever comes first. 

Message 12 of 65
GApeachy
Super Contributor

fiesta.gif

@M_Smart007 Lol! that lil' sucker right there deserves 10 extra kudos. @Anonymous you know what they say, scared money don't win-and you must have been feeling 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Hope the remote survived, if not, you got this....11.5k times.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 13 of 65
thornback
Senior Contributor

Congrats Cassie - nice SL too!!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 14 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

kcards.jpg

Message 15 of 65
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

kcards.jpg

lolz. You're on a credit forum. We seek credit. Only time we garden is to improve our credit report so we can seek more credit.

Message 16 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

lolz. You're on a credit forum. We seek credit. Only time we garden is to improve our credit report so we can seek more credit.

lol Sounds funny when you put it that way.

Thanks for the tips! You too, @Saeren! Have to really think about the next move.

Message 17 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your AMEX approval!

Message 18 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations @Anonymous !!!!!!!!! 😁 Listen, go ahead and take another drink and think about Discover! Remember building a thick buffer in the beginning makes for a strong counter balance later on😝.

Plus then you’ll be ready to see if the threshold is between five and six for the thick/thin when you get your loan!

For real, when it reports, you’re going to suffer the new account penalties: AAoA and scorecard reassignment to the new accounts scorecard. I look forward to your DPs on what you lose upon reassignment. And then to see the comparative award 12 months later. That’s another good reason for that Discover, to keep all the data points together so you can keep it clean.

If you wait to get more cards, it simply weakens your AAOA. Better to get them now and let them age.

With all that said, you did great!!! I’m glad you got that limit increase on the Costco because they matched it. And in 90 days if you get a 3X increase from Amex that will be awesome!!

Proud of you and glad you finally decided to join the Amex family. That’s my favorite card from them personally. Think about that Discover before AmEx hits. Congratulations again!

BTW, did you try to find the $250 incognito sub? Or did they stop doing that?
Message 19 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go CassieCard!!!!
Message 20 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.