Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Instant Approval

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

AMEX BCE Instant Approval

10k, no interest on purchases and BT until June 2017. EX FICO 682. Oldest account (closed) is over 14 years old. I think my util is under 20%.  I'm going to request a CLI as soon as the card arrives. This is my biggest limit card by far, I'm unsure if I want to apply for anything else for a while This is a perfect BT scenario to pay off my furniture account before 1200+ deferred interest kicked in next month.

DW was denied for the same card just now. Do they do recons? I'd hate to waste a HP, with her EX FICO at 726, less than 1% util, but much shorter credit history. She only has 1 TL under her own name, and she's an AU on 3 of my TLs. 

It's official: I'm no longer rebuilding if I could pull this off.

3B profile optimization in progress...
30 REPLIES 30
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Instant Approval

CONGRATULATIONS _NERD!!! That is awesome!!! Your rebuild is looking flawless right now!! Your scores are soaring!!!! Sucks DW didnt get approved, as her score looks phenomenal as well!!! So proud of you!!!

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 2 of 31
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

So happy for you..now time to garden Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! And yes, it is time to join us in the garden.

Message 4 of 31
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Amex cards, can you request an immediate CLI using a SP or will they take another (second) HP?  Also how long do you typically have to request that CLI once approved?  I've heard of some people calling up minutes after getting their approval, others days later, others not until the card arrives.  I didn't know if there were any benefits or drawbacks to any strategy, or if it simply varies based on creditor.  I'm going to be applying for the BCE or BCP card in the next couple of weeks and am curious how I should go about my first (initial) CLI request.

Message 6 of 31
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Very nice! Congrats on the approval.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 7 of 31
_NERD
Established Contributor

Thank you, everyone! I'm in a great mood. Between this approval, Marvel for 2k, and my CLIs these past two weeks, my available revolving limits increased over 17k to just over 30k. Exactly one year ago, my only credit was being an AU on DW's $300 secured BofA card... And that was her only account until today. She was approved for a 4k Marvel. She's calling CS for a CLI after she eats lunch at work.

I called Amex to inquire about BT. And CLI. The rep I spoke with said to have the card in hand when doing a CLI because there's information on the card that she & me don't have at this time. Whatever that means. Soon as the card arrives, I'm going to request LUV to 20-25k and take the counter offer.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With Amex cards, can you request an immediate CLI using a SP or will they take another (second) HP?  Also how long do you typically have to request that CLI once approved?  I've heard of some people calling up minutes after getting their approval, others days later, others not until the card arrives.  I didn't know if there were any benefits or drawbacks to any strategy, or if it simply varies based on creditor.  I'm going to be applying for the BCE or BCP card in the next couple of weeks and am curious how I should go about my first (initial) CLI request.

There is an entire thread dedicated to this subject. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/4077154#M68027
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And with an awesome SL too. I normally don't say "I told you so" but... well Smiley LOL I am so happy for you NERD (it feels weird calling you that Smiley Tongue) all of your hard word and dedication to fixing your credit has finally paid off!! You go boy! 

As for DW, what was the exact message she got after applying?

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.