Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE approval with a BT

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

AMEX BCE approval with a BT

DH apped for BCE and wanted to BT $2k from Venture to BCE, they only approved the card for a 2k SL, should we wait for the card to arrive for a CLI I hear about with AMEX or should we try now while account is processing (haven't sent cap1 $ yet) as it was just approved on Saturday with an ED card as pending (apped back to back), any insight on AMEX would be greatly appreciated.AMEX.jpg

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE approval with a BT

Congratulations!! I would wait at least 61 days from the approval date to request a CLI.

Message 2 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Using 100% of avail won't look good, no chance on a higher SL?

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

No, that certainly won't look good. You should never max out a card, especially a new card. You can try for an increase once you get your card (you can't ask online until you've received your card because you need the 4 digit code from the card) or you can give them a call and try to recon your SL, but there's no guarantee you'll get it. How long did they give you to do the BT before the offer expires?

Message 4 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

No, that certainly won't look good. You should never max out a card, especially a new card. You can try for an increase once you get your card (you can't ask online until you've received your card because you need the 4 digit code from the card) or you can give them a call and try to recon your SL, but there's no guarantee you'll get it. How long did they give you to do the BT before the offer expires?

I did everything online when apping and was asked to put in card # and amount of xfer, it showed a zero limit and asked to call in for questions regarding the BT.  They just wanted to know that indeed it was a Cap 1 card.  So I'm assuming this would get done automatically?  Also then next screen shows payee's paid is (0) but shows as $2k

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

I did everything online when apping and was asked to put in card # and amount of xfer, it showed a zero limit and asked to call in for questions regarding the BT.  They just wanted to know that indeed it was a Cap 1 card.  So I'm assuming this would get done automatically?  Also then next screen shows payee's paid is (0) but shows as $2k

Oh, so you already requested the BT with the app, I get it. Then yes I would call (backdoor number maybe??) and see if they will be willing to increase your SL.

Message 6 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

Oh, so you already requested the BT with the app, I get it. Then yes I would call (backdoor number maybe??) and see if they will be willing to increase your SL.

There is so many different AMEX back door #'s with certain dept's, which is best for me? (Existing account with issues, App status #)

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

There is so many different AMEX back door #'s with certain dept's, which is best for me? (Existing account with issues, App status #)

That is a tough one, I've never had to call them so I'm not sure. Out of all the ones I saw from the Backdoor Numbers thread, the 2 you mentioned look like the best option. Maybe try the App Status one first, and if that doesn't help try the other. Good luck!!

Message 8 of 30
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya you don't want to max out your 2k CL with a BT making 100% utilization as that isn't good.. If this is your first Amex card I certainly would wait for 61 days before asking for a CLI as they recently changed their policy back to the old way of showing some useage prior to getting a possibly CLI.  Amex doesn't recon starting limits either.  Has the BT already started?  If so you might want to seriously get ahold of someone and cancel that request at Amex!

Message 9 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya you don't want to max out your 2k CL with a BT making 100% utilization as that isn't good.. If this is your first Amex card I certainly would wait for 61 days before asking for a CLI as they recently changed their policy back to the old way of showing some useage prior to getting a possibly CLI.  Amex doesn't recon starting limits either.  Has the BT already started?  If so you might want to seriously get ahold of someone and cancel that request at Amex!

They said that you have to receive your card first before they can initate the BT, my concern it was showing as pending and didn't want them paying off Venture and now the BCE account is maxed.  Here's just part of our chat....DW.jpg

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.