Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE approval with a BT

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX BCE approval with a BT

CSR's always don't know what they are talking about... Amex did chnage their policy awhile ago to no longer have to wait 61 days, but more recently we have seen TONS of denials right when people get their cards as account to new aka not 61 days old.  It appears they changed their policy back to the old way of 61 days a few months back.  Best bet is to WAIT a few months aka 61 days and show some payment history and useage before request it for best results.  

Message 11 of 30
dajewa1
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!Cat Happy

Message 12 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

CSR's always don't know what they are talking about... Amex did chnage their policy awhile ago to no longer have to wait 61 days, but more recently we have seen TONS of denials right when people get their cards as account to new aka not 61 days old.  It appears they changed their policy back to the old way of 61 days a few months back.  Best bet is to WAIT a few months aka 61 days and show some payment history and useage before request it for best results.  

Thank You, the only reason why we opened this account was specifically for BT and APR at % for 15 months, not like it would take 15 months to pay off 2k but unecessary to leave $2300 on Venture card at 17% plus we did want to get an "in" with AMEX as I have not gotten the love from them yet.

Message 13 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I think the ED card is pending because it was the same day and read through other posts it would take 5 days but usually an approval

Message 14 of 30
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Grats on the card. Hope it all works out!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval !!

Message 16 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Still showing this message after one week, do we wait this out or should we call in by now??Status Check Results.jpg

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

Still showing this message after one week, do we wait this out or should we call in by now??Status Check Results.jpg

I had the same result when appring back-to-back for revolvers. Approved for the Delta Gold - $1k, apped for BCE - pending. Called in, and was told they put  the app on a 5 day (security) hold when you apply back-to-back. They told me to call in after 5 days, which I did - verified some information, and was approved for $9.9k. Call them!!

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the same result when appring back-to-back for revolvers. Approved for the Delta Gold - $1k, apped for BCE - pending. Called in, and was told they put  the app on a 5 day (security) hold when you apply back-to-back. They told me to call in after 5 days, which I did - verified some information, and was approved for $9.9k. Call them!!

+1

Message 19 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Just came in minutes ago! But don't know what the SL is? I know on the BCE so how do I find out for this card?

AMEX.jpg

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.