Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE approval with a BT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE approval with a BT

Congratulations - I'm glad you got both approved!! Hopefully they will send you an approval email that will have a link inside for you to set up your account online, and you'll be able to see the CL there, or you can try calling.

Message 21 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations - I'm glad you got both approved!! Hopefully they will send you an approval email that will have a link inside for you to set up your account online, and you'll be able to see the CL there, or you can try calling.

I see the BCE in my account page but nothing on the ED- Thank You Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's because you have to link the ED to the online account first, it has to be linked manually either through the welcome email for the ED, or wait until you get the card in the mail. You can call them up in the meantime and ask what your CL is.

Message 23 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's because you have to link the ED to the online account first, it has to be linked manually either through the welcome email for the ED, or wait until you get the card in the mail. You can call them up in the meantime and ask what your CL is.

Gotcha, thought it was like Cap1 where it just showed in your account.- Much appreciated

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha, thought it was like Cap1 where it just showed in your account.- Much appreciated

It might. It's possible I'm confusing linking business cards with personal cards on the same account. You'll have to let me know if it's the same for multiple personal cards.

Message 25 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

I called the 866 # for the status and hoping to get the SL but what I came across was not good news, I inadvertently applied for the ED Preferred card and not the regular and was approved for $10k but this comes with a $95 annual fee (Already have a Venture so no need for another).  Is there anyway I can call to get this card reversed into a normal ED card even if I accept a smaller balance?

Anyone with AMEX experience please chime in

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

I called the 866 # for the status and hoping to get the SL but what I came across was not good news, I inadvertently applied for the ED Preferred card and not the regular and was approved for $10k but this comes with a $95 annual fee (Already have a Venture so no need for another).  Is there anyway I can call to get this card reversed into a normal ED card even if I accept a smaller balance?

Congrats on the 10k SL! As for your issue of app'ing for the wrong card, I have no experience here so hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Although it might not be such a bad thing to keep it for a year. I believe the ED Preferred comes with a higher sign-up bonus and more back on category spend.

Message 27 of 30
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

Congrats on the 10k SL! As for your issue of app'ing for the wrong card, I have no experience here so hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Although it might not be such a bad thing to keep it for a year. I believe the ED Preferred comes with a higher sign-up bonus and more back on category spend.

It does come with the higher bonus plus 3x on groceries instead of 2x but has the $95 fee and you would have to use this card 30x per month to offset the fee and having the Venture already I just think it's not worth having a $95 AF card.

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

It does come with the higher bonus plus 3x on groceries instead of 2x but has the $95 fee and you would have to use this card 30x per month to offset the fee and having the Venture already I just think it's not worth having a $95 AF card.

That's understandable for sure. Perhaps give them a call and explain the situation?

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gsully00 wrote:

It's my understanding that Amex will let you product change within the particular card category.  The rub comes in when you want to immediately switch from a non-AF card to one with an AF.  Lucky for you, you're going the other direction.  You may want to finish qualifying for whatever sign-up bonus before you change, though.  I'm not sure whether you'll lose your sign-up bonus opportunity if you switch too quickly.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.