Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP 3x CLI again!

tag
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCP 3x CLI again!

I applied for the Blue Cash Preferred in October 2017 and was approved for a modest $1,400 limit.  I put quite a bit of spend through it the first couple months while spending toward the sign up bonus ($200 if you spend $1000 in the first 3 months).  I put my power bill on the card, and a few other bills since my grocery spending alone probably wasn't going to do it.

In December, I requested a 3x CLI to get it to $4,200 and was approved.  Since December, I've had almost exclusively grocery spend through the card, typically under $500 a month and PIF each month.

When Discover started their grocery category in April, I switched to using Discover because I'm still within my cashback match year, so it was effectively 10% back instead of 6% back.  I put maybe $50 on the BCP in April, and nothing on at all in May, ending with a zero balance for the first time.  I wanted to get a check for my cash back, and customer service said that the way to do that was to redeem the cash back for statement credit while your balance was zero, and they'll cut you a check when the statement hits.  I got my $125 check last week.  Smiley Happy

I started to worry that they wouldn't grant me a CLI if I wasn't using the card at all, so I bought some gas with the card last week so that the balance wouldn't be zero.

This morning was 180 days since my last CLI, so I went and requested $12,600 and was instantly approved again!!  My experian is currently 733, and it was 719 when I got the last CLI in December.  

I'm extremely pleased with AMEX!  I don't think any other card would have jumped from $1200 to $12,000 in the span of 8 months with just soft pulls!  I'm so glad that I read about the 3x CLI on this forum, or I'd have never thought to do try it!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP 3x CLI again!

Congrats Congrats CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I hope to have this success when I try for the 3x CLI.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlister70

Awesome awesome AWESOME 3x CLI from Amex!!!

I agree 100%: you'd be hard pressed to find any other

card provider who would approve a ~10x CLI in 8 months.

You should be very proud of yourself. Enjoy!!!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! I want to hit the trigger on the CLI but my starting limit was 1000, so I am a bit hesitant to pull the trgger.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on nice 3x CLI success

Message 6 of 11
bpcnabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations!!! I want to hit the trigger on the CLI but my starting limit was 1000, so I am a bit hesitant to pull the trgger.

I started with 1k in Dec '17. When 61 (+/- 5) days rolled around I took the shot, knowing it was going to be a sp anyway, so no real effect, if any. Bumped to 3k.

As the saying goes, you miss 100% of the shots you never take.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome, congrats on the new limit! I plan on doing one for my AMEX ED card soon.

Message 8 of 11
iluvnola
Valued Member

This is awesome! Congrats!!
Personal

Business

Scores:10/01/17 FICO 8 EQ 629 TU 626 EX 634
Scores:08/01/18 FICO 8 EQ 678 TU 731 EX 695

Scores:09/01/19 FICO 8 EQ 720 TU 730 EX 695

Scores:09/01/21 FICO 8 EQ 762 TU 767 EX 757
Goal Scores: 760+ ATB FICO 8

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the trigger and got the dreaded 7 to 10 days message 😩. I kind of expected that because my average age of my accounts has dropped due to some new accounts, so I will just wait until 5 statement and see if AMEX shows me some love.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.