Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP Approval & Immediate 3XCLI

tag
Snipper117
Contributor

AMEX BCP Approval & Immediate 3XCLI

I've been with AMEX since 2014 with the green card.  In June 2017 I received offer to upgrade to platinum so I accepted and I still currently have the platinum card.  I've been wanting to expand my membership so i've been checking the "my offers" page on my AMEX account online.

On 2/12 decided to pull the trigger on BCP.  I like the 6% cash back up to 6k since I have a family and we go food shopping every week, also 3% on gas, and $200 statement credit.  I was approved with 2k starting limit immediately.  From reading these forums I learned that since I'm already a account holder and I have not requested a CLI with my Platinum card in over 6 months that I'm actually eligible for a CLI immediately on my BCP.  Within a hour of being approved I set my account up online, logged in, and requested my limit be increased to 6k.  I received the 7-10 day message.  Today I logged into my account and what do you know my new SL is 6k.

Additionally I have not received a HP (as of today), and my platinum spending remains the same.  

I do have one question if anyone can kindly confirm for me.  When is the next date I'm available to request a CLI on my BCP?

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCP Approval & Immediate 3XCLI

I would wait 6 months. I think that's the best time. YMMV

Message 2 of 12
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats on the BCP and 3x CLI out the gate! I've never thought of that when app'ing for a new AMEX card. I love my BCP!

Robot Very Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your BCP approval and CLI.  You are eligible for another CLI 180 days after the initial one.  But unless I'm misunderstanding something isn't the Platinum card a charge card?  How does one get a CLI on a charge card?

Snipper117 wrote:

"From reading these forums I learned that since I'm already a account holder and I have not requested a CLI with my Platinum card in over 6 months that I'm actually eligible for a CLI immediately on my BCP.  "

Message 4 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats OP! Wasn't that long ago when it was the norm to pull the 3x trigger after being approved for an Amex. I did it the day I received my CC. It was my first Amex CC.
Its a goodod feeling to triple the limit out the gate! Enjoy
Message 5 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats on your BCP approval and CLI.  You are eligible for another CLI 180 days after the initial one.  But unless I'm misunderstanding something isn't the Platinum card a charge card?  How does one get a CLI on a charge card?

@Snipper117 wrote:

"From reading these forums I learned that since I'm already a account holder and I have not requested a CLI with my Platinum card in over 6 months that I'm actually eligible for a CLI immediately on my BCP.  "

The point was that since OP had a card/account already and had been more than enough time to apply for CLI when they received the card they could get an increase right out of the gate. And OP it's 181 days from the approval of the CLI so you might want to contact customer service to get an extact date.

Message 6 of 12
Snipper117
Contributor

Perhaps I misued the term “CLI” when referring to my platinum card. Maybe that would just be a increase in my preset spending limit?

I had a preset spending limit on platinum which was auto increased about 2.5x on 11/1/17 and then again on 1/31/18 a 3x increase that time.

I def called in and I believe I may have even submitted the “CLI” on my account online with the platinum. Never was it approved.

I just thought that since I have not requested one in over 6 months and because of already being a existing member that instead of having to wait the 61 days for the BCP that I would be eligible to request that CLI immediately which I did and it was approved.
Message 7 of 12
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

I want BCP so bad! Congrats!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Snipper117wrote:
Perhaps I misued the term “CLI” when referring to my platinum card. Maybe that would just be a increase in my preset spending limit?

I had a preset spending limit on platinum which was auto increased about 2.5x on 11/1/17 and then again on 1/31/18 a 3x increase that time.

I def called in and I believe I may have even submitted the “CLI” on my account online with the platinum. Never was it approved.

I just thought that since I have not requested one in over 6 months and because of already being a existing member that instead of having to wait the 61 days for the BCP that I would be eligible to request that CLI immediately which I did and it was approved.

OP I dont understand with above. What preset spending limit auto increased?

Congrats for BCP approval.

Message 9 of 12
Snipper117
Contributor

Perhaps this info helps.
6/14 app got green card pre set spending 3-4K EX N/A (long time ago did not follow credit as I do now)
Sometime in 2014 after returned payments limit decreases and set to $2100
1/1/17 green card EX about 600 preset spending limit $2100
6/17 accepted offer to upgrade to platinum EX 641
11/1/17 pre set spending limit increases automatically to $5100 EX 682 received letter in mail
1/31/18 pre set spending limit increased to $20100 EX 732 received letter in mail

When I called CSR said it’s based on payment history, spending, and obviously a number of other variables.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.