Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP CLI $10500 >>> $25000!

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP CLI $10500 >>> $25000!

@Wavester64 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:
I hit my 6 month mark on the card and decided to hit the Gimme More Button. I chickened out asking for 3X, but I’m happy with $25000. I’ll probably wait another 6 mons and hit it again.

First off, CONGRATS!

Secondly, I am not up on the process with AMEX CLIs. Is it 6 months to ask for a CLI and it's usually an automatic 3X? Is it an HP?
What if you don't have a balance on your Amex, is it still within reason to ask for a CLI?

I asked at 61 days (the earliest you can request it) and was denied. Technically I could have waited another 91 days and asked again, but I went ahead and waited the full 6 months. Most people ask for 3X and AMEX will either give it to you, give a lower counter offer, or decline. $30K-ish is where some people have had financial review requests, so I played it safe and requested $25K.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 11 of 32
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:
I hit my 6 month mark on the card and decided to hit the Gimme More Button. I chickened out asking for 3X, but I’m happy with $25000. I’ll probably wait another 6 mons and hit it again.

First off, CONGRATS!

Secondly, I am not up on the process with AMEX CLIs. Is it 6 months to ask for a CLI and it's usually an automatic 3X? Is it an HP?
What if you don't have a balance on your Amex, is it still within reason to ask for a CLI?

I asked at 61 days (the earliest you can request it) and was denied. Technically I could have waited another 91 days and asked again, but I went ahead and waited the full 6 months. Most people ask for 3X and AMEX will either give it to you, give a lower counter offer, or decline. $30K-ish is where some people have had financial review requests, so I played it safe and requested $25K.

I've had the BCE since Jan 2019. Never asked for a CLI, and by itself it went up to $13K. When I saw your post and success I checked the last time I got an auto-increase and it was *exactly* 6-months to the day. So I said wth, bad luck of late, if this comes thru at least that will make me feel better and everything has been great with AMEX and it will help my util. Went thru the motions, requested the raise from $13K to $25K and when I clicked submit I got "Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.You will receive a written response within 7-10 days" I can only assume that means declined. I should have known with my luck of late. At least it was only a SP.

Potential Future Cards
Message 12 of 32
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Always ask for 3x, don't ever "chicken out". They'll always counter if they don't wanna give the full 3x. And if they as for FR, then you can back out lower the request amount and try again until they don't ask for FR.

Congrats on your CLI however!

|  
Message 13 of 32
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Awesome.  Congrats!!

Message 14 of 32
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Woot woot!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work...Congrats!!

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sweet Amex BCP CLI!

Message 17 of 32
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@MyFault wrote:
Always ask for 3x, don't ever "chicken out". They'll always counter if they don't wanna give the full 3x. And if they as for FR, then you can back out lower the request amount and try again until they don't ask for FR.

Congrats on your CLI however!

They always counter? For some odd reason I didn't get a counter, they only gave me the 7-10 day letter message, which to me reads declined.

Potential Future Cards
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Very nice CLI!

Message 19 of 32
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

Congratulations!  I chickened out, too.  There are a lot of stories of CLDs right now and I didn't want to draw attention or take any risks.  I'm glad I'm not alone.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.