Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP approved after Recon!

tag
agforfree5
Contributor

AMEX BCP approved after Recon!

Thanks to this forum.. I finally have my 1st AMEX revolver!!

So here's my AMEX story -

- Received offer to apply for Amex Green few weeks back. Apped & Approved. First Amex card.

- 1 week later, I applied for Blue cash preferred (because Amex green is pretty much useless) and got denied immediately. Fico - 683.

- Called Amex new accounts number last Friday and asked for a manual review (kind of had to insist). She said there may be a another HP.

- Called to check up on it today and she mentioned that it was APPROVED on Friday itself. No HP.

- CL given is $5K, which I am kind of bummed out about as I have a $16K CL on my Cap1 Venture.

I believe that there is a 3X CLI option after 3 months? Does anyone know if this is pretty much automatic or do I need to use this card very heavily or make several payments or something?

Also, maybe be a stupid question, but does AMEX allow authorized users to be added and report to their CR as well ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX BCP approved after Recon!

Congrats on your approval! May I ask the reason for the denial?

Yes, you can request ACM to be added to your account.

As far as the 3x CLI- I'd refer you to the sticky posted by Mustang.
Message 2 of 4
agforfree5
Contributor

The reasons for Denial that were mailed to me were:

Serious Deliq. (I had 2-3 Late Payments on my Nissan in 2010).

Length of time accts have been established. (They could be right about this one lol).

Proportion of Rev. Balances to Rev. Credit is too high.(I made large payments recently that had not been reflected on the CR as yet).

Proportion of loan balances to loan amount is too high (Right about this too as I just bought a car in Nov 2012).

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months. (Right about this as I had many inquiries on the day I was car shopping back in November)

Now that I think about it.. Did I just get really lucky ? When I asked for a Manual Review, I did tell them my balances had come down, but that is it.

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@agforfree5 wrote:

The reasons for Denial that were mailed to me were:

Serious Deliq. (I had 2-3 Late Payments on my Nissan in 2010).

Length of time accts have been established. (They could be right about this one lol).

Proportion of Rev. Balances to Rev. Credit is too high.(I made large payments recently that had not been reflected on the CR as yet).

Proportion of loan balances to loan amount is too high (Right about this too as I just bought a car in Nov 2012).

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months. (Right about this as I had many inquiries on the day I was car shopping back in November)

Now that I think about it.. Did I just get really lucky ? When I asked for a Manual Review, I did tell them my balances had come down, but that is it.

During a manual review, they most likely did another HP. It takes a while for monitoring sites to reflect that.

In the new CR they probably saw your paid down balances. And the analyst grouped your auto loan inquiries together as 1, which a computer system usually doesn't do.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.