cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BLUE DELTA SKYMILES APPROVAL HAD ME FLOORED WITH THE ASSIGNED SL - OH AND IT'S A SOFT PULL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BLUE DELTA SKYMILES APPROVAL HAD ME FLOORED WITH THE ASSIGNED SL - OH AND IT'S A SOFT PULL

Hello to all the wonderful people here on Ficolandia!
SO, I know that i am supposed to be gardening, but last Monday I have submitted a request for a limit increase with Capital One for the graduated secured card. Prior to submitting the request I called their customer service first to ask if I was already eligible and they said yes and to just request for it. Submitted the request and DENIED, the denial reason was that "limit increases are not currently available upon request for my account" so I guess eventhough CAP1 graduated me to unsecured, they have bucketed my account to not grow for sometime so, I decided to SD the card for now and grow and expand my AMEX accounts. I usually fly Delta when travelling to FL, Although not a frequent, It made sense for me to add the Blue Delta Skymiles now to start accumulating points, the 2X miles earned for dining is a plus for me since I usually go out for dinners at least 6 times a month and it's timely since my 10% cashback bonus from the BCE is expiring this month. Reading through our community threads, I've seen a lot of existing AMEX members getting an approval via SP so I went for it and got approved as well, it just asked for my annual income and assets. Now considering how I began with AMEX and how they started me off with a low limit for the BCE I wasn't expecting much, so I thought to myself, perhaps they are going to start me off again with 1K or maybe 50% of my current limit with BCE, the account information was immediately available for registration, So I went ahead and linked it to my current accounts and I WAS FLOORED with the assigned starting limit. 15K SL, I had to log out and log back in just to make sure I am seeing it correctly and it is! The best part of it all is that it's a soft pull! Checked all the three CRA's since it definitely did not alert me via my EX creditworks, so I am hoping that it stays that way! Now it's time to head back to the garden (hopefully longer than 6 mos. this time Smiley Tongue) Happy happy day folks.

amexblue.deltaskymiles.jpg

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX BLUE DELTA SKYMILES APPROVAL HAD ME FLOORED WITH THE ASSIGNED SL - OH AND IT'S A SOFT PULL

Wow Clark, you da SHARKSmiley Happy Thats an amazing story. Good for youSmiley Happy. It seems a good card, no af and looked pretty cool onsite. Take that CapOneSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BLUE DELTA SKYMILES APPROVAL HAD ME FLOORED WITH THE ASSIGNED SL - OH AND IT'S A SOFT PULL

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Wow Clark, you da SHARKSmiley Happy Thats an amazing story. Good for youSmiley Happy. It seems a good card, no af and looked pretty cool onsite. Take that CapOneSmiley Happy

Thanks AJC, it actually works out because, it falls on the same statement cut as the Cap1 card, so it definitely will take it's place. I actually spoke to Cap1 and asked them what the future for growth was for this card and none of them could give me a concrete answer except to try and try until you succeed. Well, we don't waste time we just keep forging ahead. 15K into the future!

Message 3 of 18
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That's an amazing starting limit. Don't sweat it about cap1. You can obviously get better cards elsewhere.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a fantastic SL! I honestly love how this card looks too. Congrats!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:

Congrats! That's an amazing starting limit. Don't sweat it about cap1. You can obviously get better cards elsewhere.

Thank you Shoegal. The limit they gave me considering where I started from with Amex is astounding. Still love Cap1 though, since they took a chance on me when I had no history. They'll still get my small bills through them, but will be SD'd for normal usage. 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a fantastic SL! I honestly love how this card looks too. Congrats!

Thanks smc4getnot! Not bad for someone who started with a 1K limit with the BCE eh Smiley Happy I actually still cannot believe it. 

Message 7 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

FicolandiaSmiley Happy i like it more than my FicolandSmiley Wink i shall forever more reside in Ficolandia, Garden Hills, my precise home at the momentSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
FicolandiaSmiley Happy i like it more than my FicolandSmiley Wink i shall forever more reside in Ficolandia, Garden Hills, my precise home at the momentSmiley Wink

LOL AJC! I may need to leave Ficolandia temptation island and relocate to Ficoland Garden Hills pronto.

Message 9 of 18
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.