Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BLUE DELTA SKYMILES CLI

tag
BlueNote504
Established Member

AMEX BLUE DELTA SKYMILES CLI

Happy Cinco de Mayo Everyone!

Just a quick update with a few data points to potentially help others, just as some of these posts have helped me. Ok long story short my credit scores a year ago this time were horrendous! 550-ish across the board by all 3 major bureaus. I owned it and regardless of life throwing be a few bad hands (divorce, alimony, etc), I still had to take ownership for my F-Ups and contributing to my own financial demise as a result of neglect. Nonetheless, started SERIOUSLY working on my credit July of last year: Had about 4-5 Collection Accounts, NO UNSECURED CC's, and started out with a $400 Secured CC from my local CU. My next card was a Cap 1 QS1 $300 initial limit, credit steps, etc and it currently sits at $750 with about two more months to go to make a full year in which I intend to ask for a CLI. My next card after Cap 1 was actually The Delta Gold AMEX with a SL of $1000.00. At this point my EX score was around 638 at approval November 2017. Ok so I continued to pay my debts on time, got 4 CA's removed from my reports with "Pay To Delete" and I only have 1 on my TU report to date.

So about 2 months after having The Delta Gold I discovered there was The Delta Blue with no AF. Called CS requested to be downgraded with no problem. Upon doing research on these forums I learned of the 3xCLI @ The 61 Day mark for AMEX. Well at 61 days, applied for $3000 CL from my initial $1000 and got the 7-10 day message (denied in my case). Lol, ok no biggie as I was simply grateful to have my foot in the door with AMEX. Ok well about a month after this I became a Navy Federal CU Memeber by way of a fam member. Applied for their Platinum Card and was approved for $5,100 with a TU Score of like 605-ish.....(I also make $95K a year).......Ok so back to AMEX, I learned that after 90 days after a denial I could apply again for a CLI, and well today makes 91 days to be exact. I went online requested $3000 once again and hit submit, NO DENIAL but the system automatically countered at $2000. Ok cool lol, I accepted it! My current sig is NOT right, but as of TODAY my current FICO 8 scores are: Equifax 680, TU 617, and Experian 672. Just some additional data points, and my Experian Score matches myFico Score on AMEX's Website. So life is good! In November six months from now I'll try for $6K and see what happens!

Ok well just thought I'd share this, hopefully it helps someone. I'm currently not seeking new or additional credit. My scores have improved to the point where I'm about to secure a mortgage loan which was my ultimate goal overall when I started this journey 10 months ago. I've finally reached this point in addition to saving money for a down payment Smiley Happy Never give up people! I'm a LIVING WITNESS! If I can get it, ANYBODY can do it! Additional info: I ALWAYS PIF every month by statement closing date and have a ZERO balance due when statement cuts, currently had a $530 charge balance from a few utilities/bills charged 4-5 days ago when I applied for CLI today, I make micro/mid-cycle payments sometimes or pay one large lump sum by the closing date, average monthly lump sum payment roughly $600-700 on the intial $1000 Credit Line (But Two months I did run about $1400 through the card on the initial $1K CL, but made micro or mid-cycle payments to bring by balance back down during Christmas and January).

Started my credit repair journey July 2017. Starting scores from 3 Major Bureaus Mid 500's across the board.
Cap 1 QS1 ($300SL) Currently $400 CI, due to increase by credit steps 1/2018 GNOFCU SC $400.
AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles Card: $1000 SL (11/29/2017)
FICO 8 Scores: EQ 624, TU 579, and EX 626 as of 11/29/2017
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX BLUE DELTA SKYMILES CLI

Great jobSmiley Happy

For future reference please try to break up your post in paragraphs so it can be easier for members to read. Thank you and enjoy your new cliSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
BlueNote504
Established Member

Apologies......done! (paragraphs)

Started my credit repair journey July 2017. Starting scores from 3 Major Bureaus Mid 500's across the board.
Cap 1 QS1 ($300SL) Currently $400 CI, due to increase by credit steps 1/2018 GNOFCU SC $400.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update your sig.  I may be sightly OCD about updating mine with new limits, scores, etc.  It is almost like a slow motion video game to me.  Need to see those new scores and loot (cards) in my inventory (sig).  No AF is the way to go, but those gold cards are enticing with their SUBs.  Good luck, keep up the rebuild.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approvals and recent success

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueNote504 wrote:

So about 2 months after having The Delta Gold I discovered there was The Delta Blue with no AF. Called CS requested to be downgraded with no problem. 

Why'd you downgrade so fast, was the AF not waived for 12 months? And did you lose any SUBS with the downgrade, or were there none in the first place?  Also, this may have been a factor in the 61 day CLI denial. < anyone?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering about the downgrade too as it relates to the SUB. Either way major kudos on the rebuild and good luck with the upcoming mortgage process!
Message 7 of 11
BlueNote504
Established Member

Oh regarding the downgrade the initial offer for The Gold SUB was 30,000 Skymiles if you spend $1000 on the card in 3 months.....well I received the card during the holiday season of last year and met that goal in the first month lol. However, since i’m not particularly loyal to Delta and I usually fly with whomever I can get the best deal with on Kayak, paying the $95AF for the Priority Boarding Perk wasn’t worth it.

Once I discovered The Delta Blue and saw that it gave me 2 miles for every dollar spent at restaurants and everything else the gold gave me I felt The Blue would better suit my needs. However the quick answer to the question is no I didn’t lose my SUB. I talked to CS prior to downloading to make sure, and they informed me that because I met the $1000 spend I would still get the 30,000 miles in which once they were transferred to my account I immediately downgraded.

Yes The AF was waived for the 1st year but I wanted to switch as I tend to eat out a lot with clients, family, friends, etc. When initially apped for AMEX I used the PQ feature and the gold was the only card that came up for me, and I was/am grateful to at least get my foot in the door with AMEX and start building a relationship with them Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
BlueNote504
Established Member

Thanks Alco!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info. I too got the Gold because of the SUB, and a couple perks of the card. But I don't care for AF's, especially if not offset by card features. So I plan to downgrade to the Blue when the year is up, now that I have the AAdvantage card. I fly AA more than Delta.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.