Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Approval

I currently own an AMEX Gold Card and I logged in today to see that AMEX had a set of recommended cards for me to choose from, in the list was the Green Card, Blue Cash, Platinum Card, and two Hilton cards. Obviously since I have a charge card now and travelling isn't really viable right now, I decided to go for the Blue Cash. Let me also state right now that I'm pre-approved for all the cards I listed, so I can still go back and get the platinum card right now if I wanted, but I'll apply for it in a year once I establish a longer relationship with AMEX. 

I only got approved for $1,000 on the card unsurpingly as my AAoA is like a year and 4 months, and I'm still a new customer to AMEX with my gold card only being 3 months old with a NPSL of 11,000. Hopefully I can try and request 3-4x in 61 days and get an approval. 

I also plan to ask BoA for a CLI in a range of 7-10,000$ in a few days and once that reports on my credit I'll (maybe) attempt to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred before the AMEX reports. And AFAIK, Amex takes about 2 months to report so I should be fine dodging the 5/24 rule, correct? 

AC38351D-3DFE-4787-9782-3F00F3A6684A.jpeg

As of now, EXP:730, TU: 726, EX: 716, total CL: $23,000, AAoA: 1yr 4mo

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your approval!

Thankyou! 🙏

Message 3 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, grats on getting the BCE Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 33
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Since they only gave 1k, I'd definitely wait a year for another card. Let them see your spending patterns. Chances will improve on higher SL. Continued success!!

Message 5 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous,

On average Amex takes 2 statements to report, I have had one go (3) but the norm is usually 2 ..

Oh and Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 33
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 33
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

|  
Message 8 of 33
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex BCE approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Congrats on a great AMEX approval! That card should grow fairly well with time!

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.