Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Approved!

With the advice and help of others on the forums, I was able to make a decision on whether or not to apply for AMEX, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got approved for their lowest limit $500. I was told from someone on the forums that after 180 days, or something like that, they give you the 3x CLI. I was approved with exactly 6 months and 2 days of credit history, fico score from Discover Scorecard is exactly 700 based off of Experian. 17% revolving utilization, and 4 inquiries. I have a Discover It Chrome card secured with $200, I'm a AU on a Best Buy Credit Card with a $1000 limit, and I have a Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card at $400. I PIF all the time. I have an income of 29k and I'm a 20 year old college student. I'm excited!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Approved!

Welcome! aboard the Amex train Smiley Happy Many years I've had a wonderful relationship with this bank wise choice of cards Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Do you know how long it takes to recieve the card? It did not specify.

Message 3 of 11
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy Doesnt take too long to get. Itll grow for sure but just remember 3x are not always " given" . Many factors play in to whether you are eligble. Enjoy your new card and welcome the familySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your first AMEX!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the Amex club! I just picked up the same card and love it, though I'll be changing it up preferred once I hit the 1 year mark. You've got a great set of cards there, especially for someone just starting out. Keep up the good work & keep reading these forums,

I opted to get my card information at time of approval since I use Samsung pay and only ever physically swipe when dining out, but I want to say it took about 8 days to get my card. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't see an option to get the card info before. I must have missed it. I use Samsung Pay aswell, thats where I have my cards saved. I'll just have to wait patiently Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep up the great work Chris!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With the advice and help of others on the forums, I was able to make a decision on whether or not to apply for AMEX, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and got approved for their lowest limit $500. I was told from someone on the forums that after 180 days, or something like that, they give you the 3x CLI. I was approved with exactly 6 months and 2 days of credit history, fico score from Discover Scorecard is exactly 700 based off of Experian. 17% revolving utilization, and 4 inquiries. I have a Discover It Chrome card secured with $200, I'm a AU on a Best Buy Credit Card with a $1000 limit, and I have a Capital One Quicksilver Rewards card at $400. I PIF all the time. I have an income of 29k and I'm a 20 year old college student. I'm excited!

Nice.  My family member opened this card and also received the $500 credit limit, with $250 bonus in 3 months.  To received this $250 bonus, we had to run through like $2,500 spending over 2 month period.  It was fun to manage the $500 limit.

That was half year ago.  Now we have the $1,500 creidt line.  I guess that is the 3X CL?  Then we just applied the AmEx everyday card and we got a $6,000 credit line.  It comes with 25k MR points and we should receive shortly.

As long as you keep the card clean, AmEx is  a good company to work with.  Just do not abuse it or burn it.  Then it will ruin the person's financial life.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.