cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, Best Buy VISA & Navy Fed AMEX Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, Best Buy VISA & Navy Fed AMEX Approval!!!

So I honestly didn’t think I was gonna get approved for this card but I did!!!! I’m 21 years only and my longest age of credit is about 2 years. I started off with First Premier Bank card and that was literally the worst mistake of my life, however it did help me get a foot in the door to start establishing credit. I ended up closing First Premier after the year because their fees were ridiculous and not even worth it. I then applied and got approved for the Capital One Secured CC (500 CL).. followed by the Capital One Quicksilver One CC 6 months later (300 CL recently increased to 400 CL and couple days ago) . Started working at Victoria’s Secret. Got swindled to apply for the card then got denied twice (Pulled Experian the first time then pulled Transunion) Then started working at Saks Fifth Ave and got swindled into applying for the card at got approved for $500. The account however wasnt open very long because I got another job and didn’t need to card for my discount anymore lol. I want to say the card was open for about about 5 months max. After that my credit went all the way down hill and ended up missing a payment once on all three cards. Started doing everything to get my credit back up and made sure my utilization was really low because that’s what hurt my score the most. At this point I was able to salvage back my credit. EX: 689 TU: 628 EQ:630. Applied for the Discover it Cash Back card and got approved for 7,000!!!!!! (Pulled Experian) Yes I know. CRAZY. They are so generous with their limits. Then I applied for the Navy Fed Cash Rewards card and got denied so I just applied for the Secured CC and put $300 down. So idk what came over me but I was in my dorm watching credit videos so I just decided to start applying for cards all in the same day.. Why? I have Absolutely no idea. At the time of applications my credit was as follows EX: 689 TU: 658 EQ:660. I applied for the Navy Federal AMEX card and got approved for $6,700!!!!! Crazy.... and just a month after I was denied the Cash Rewards CC. I legit could not believe it. Then I applied for the Best Buy VISA CC and got approved for $2,000 and the next day I applied for the American Express Blue Cash Everyday CC and was approved for $1,000!!!!!! Three credit card applications within 24 hours and all APPROVALS! I legit cannot believe it. It was incredibly irresponsible I know. Crazy but I was interested to see what would happen. Probably not gonna use any of the cards heavily and just garden them but man was I lucky!! Won’t be pulling my credit anymore where all of my account have 7 inquiries each so I’m going to garden for two years until they all fall off.... but I legit cannot believe it.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, Best Buy VISA & Navy Fed AMEX Approval!!!

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU doesn’t require a 91 day period between apps if the first card was a secured card?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently not. I applied within a month of previously applying.. twice. Once for the Cash Rewards which I got denied for then for the Secured card which I ended up getting.
Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 5 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the new cards!

Message 6 of 7
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I honestly didn’t think I was gonna get approved for this card but I did!!!! I’m 21 years only and my longest age of credit is about 2 years. I started off with First Premier Bank card and that was literally the worst mistake of my life, however it did help me get a foot in the door to start establishing credit. I ended up closing First Premier after the year because their fees were ridiculous and not even worth it. I then applied and got approved for the Capital One Secured CC (500 CL).. followed by the Capital One Quicksilver One CC 6 months later (300 CL recently increased to 400 CL and couple days ago) . Started working at Victoria’s Secret. Got swindled to apply for the card then got denied twice (Pulled Experian the first time then pulled Transunion) Then started working at Saks Fifth Ave and got swindled into applying for the card at got approved for $500. The account however wasnt open very long because I got another job and didn’t need to card for my discount anymore lol. I want to say the card was open for about about 5 months max. After that my credit went all the way down hill and ended up missing a payment once on all three cards. Started doing everything to get my credit back up and made sure my utilization was really low because that’s what hurt my score the most. At this point I was able to salvage back my credit. EX: 689 TU: 628 EQ:630. Applied for the Discover it Cash Back card and got approved for 7,000!!!!!! (Pulled Experian) Yes I know. CRAZY. They are so generous with their limits. Then I applied for the Navy Fed Cash Rewards card and got denied so I just applied for the Secured CC and put $300 down. So idk what came over me but I was in my dorm watching credit videos so I just decided to start applying for cards all in the same day.. Why? I have Absolutely no idea. At the time of applications my credit was as follows EX: 689 TU: 658 EQ:660. I applied for the Navy Federal AMEX card and got approved for $6,700!!!!! Crazy.... and just a month after I was denied the Cash Rewards CC. I legit could not believe it. Then I applied for the Best Buy VISA CC and got approved for $2,000 and the next day I applied for the American Express Blue Cash Everyday CC and was approved for $1,000!!!!!! Three credit card applications within 24 hours and all APPROVALS! I legit cannot believe it. It was incredibly irresponsible I know. Crazy but I was interested to see what would happen. Probably not gonna use any of the cards heavily and just garden them but man was I lucky!! Won’t be pulling my credit anymore where all of my account have 7 inquiries each so I’m going to garden for two years until they all fall off.... but I legit cannot believe it.
@Anonymous

Congrats on the Approvals!!! Nice Bat Attack on New CLs

2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.