cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card with Credit Steps Update!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card with Credit Steps Update!

I’m in with Amex after prequalified offers showed 3 cards. I chose the BCE. No new account opening incentives. Must have a balance each month when statement closes. Carry a balance or pay in full each month. 5 months of timely payments for higher limit. I’ll take it! $1000 CL. Stoked! Many new accounts and tons of inquiries on Exp. 28 now. 701 Experian Fico 8 score. 15% utilization.

Update! I think it’s important to mention that I opened a savings account with Amex. I’m convinced that that played a part in suddenly becoming prequalified. I’ve had higher Fico scores and couldn’t prequalify with 10 new accounts and over 20 inquiries on Experian. I don’t have any derogatory entries on my credit reports with 100 percent payment history. The savings account I opened isn’t even funded yet. It’s been about a week since I opened the account. AAOA on Experian is 1.2 years. Meanwhile as I celebrate getting in with Amex, there’s 2 Amex denial letters coming in the mail today according to USPS. Smiley Very Happy

https://ibb.co/mgrsEw This shows my “journey” with Amex. 😳
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card: Credit Builder Update!

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m in with Amex after prequalified offers showed 3 cards. I chose the BCE. No new account incentives. Carry a balance or pay in full each month. 5 months timely payments for higher limit. I’ll take it! $1000 CL. Stoked! Many new accounts and tons of inquiries on Exp. 28 now. 701 Fico score.

Update! I think it’s important to mention that I opened a savings account with Amex. I’m convinced that that played a part in suddenly becoming prequalified. I’ve had higher Fico scores and couldn’t prequalify with 10 new accounts and over 20 inquiries on Experian. I don’t have any derogatory entries on my credit reports with 100 percent payment history. The savings account I opened isn’t even funded yet. It’s been about a week since I opened the account. AAOA on Experian is 1.2 years. Meanwhile as I celebrate getting in with Amex, there’s 2 Amex denial letters coming in the mail today according to USPS. Smiley Very Happy

Kudos on finally being approved! I've been back in with Amex 6 mos now since my last acct with them back in 2010. I have the BCE and PRG.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have been thinking of apping for Amex and wondered if opening the savings would help. Seems like it have for you! Any reasons for giving you the other two denials?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

New accounts. Limited credit history. Too many inquiries. They found a way to overlook all that!
Message 4 of 22
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m in with Amex after prequalified offers showed 3 cards. I chose the BCE. No new account opening incentives. Must have a balance each month when statement closes. Carry a balance or pay in full each month. 5 months of timely payments for higher limit. I’ll take it! $1000 CL. Stoked! Many new accounts and tons of inquiries on Exp. 28 now. 701 Experian Fico 8 score. 15% utilization.

https://ibb.co/mgrsEw This shows my “journey” with Amex.

Congrats! Did they pull credit to open savings account?

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! No. I think it was Chexsystems and EWS that they pulled. I had no alerts from my monitoring service when I opened the savings. I did for the credit card app.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You basically have Amex's version of "Credit Steps".  After six months they will double your credit line,

The Privacy Notice for American Express Personal Savings specifically states that they don't share information on creditworthiness with other Amex affiliates, so opening a savings account should not have any influence on whether you would be approved for a credit card.  See https://web.aexp-static.com/us/content/pdf/legal-disclosures/privacy-notices/Personal-Savings.pdf

Message 8 of 22
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Maybe Amex is feeling generous after the new year. I did the offers checker and Delta Gold popped up. Bam instant approval $1k! I wanted BCP but hey I will take what I can get. My profile is similar except I have a longer history. Congratulations on your approval
Message 9 of 22
Joe00

What credit score does someone need to get approve for Amex blue Cash  Everyday card ?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.