Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Approval!

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here! I graduated from college in 2015 and finally got a great job last November (2016). With my new income, I've become interested in building my credit and generating great cash back rewards. I am super excited that I got approved for the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred card and look forward to the 6% back at grocery stores!

A few data points for those interested: Despite my young age (24), I've had a fairly decent credit history. I opened a Discover More card for Students as soon as I turned 18 and have kept it active since (never missed a payment). Along with student loans from college, this helped me build my credit to about 710 (according to Discover's monthly FICO score from TU). With that, in the past 6 months I've opened an Amazon Prime Rewards VISA, Disney Premier VISA (going on a vacation to Disney World this summer and the $200 Disney Gift Card signup bonus seemed amazing along with 10% off at most Disney World gift shops and restuarants), and the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred.

Credit Limits are (issued in this order):

Discover - $2,000 (Should be higher, started with $1000 6 years ago and only put in my first CLI last week and they doubled it to $2,000.)

Amazon Rewards VISA - $500 (Just requested a CLI.)

Disney Premier VISA - $3,000 (Was very surprised and pleased with this SL.)

AMEX BCP - $1,000 (Not sure if this is a generous SL or not, happy regardless.)

I was most worried about getting approved for the AMEX card because I've heard they are a bit difficult to get your foot in the door with a limited credit history. So glad to be in with AMEX!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Approval!

Nice progress and congrats!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You are on a great track!. Now that you are in with Amex, that will grow and im sure with your income and time youll establish a very pleasing relationshipSmiley Happy Discover is awesome and youve got great history. In with Chase, i think you be just fine Smiley Happy Enjoy!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I have a question regarding how many credit card apps is "ok" during a short period of time. The Disney Premier Visa and the AMEX BCP were both applied to and approved this week. As mentioned, I've had my Discover for about 6 years. However, all of my store cards (Best Buy/Macy's/JCP) and my two Amazon cards (1 Visa/1 Store) were applied to and approved within the last year. I am eyeing the Citi Double Cash card to be my go-to card for things that don't fit into my other cards' categories. Would applying for the Citi card be too many apps in a short period of time? If so, how long should I wait before applying for the Citi card.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. $1K is on the low side however with the 3X CLI you'll be able to grow it over time for sure!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding on to the original post, Chase just gave me a CLI from $500 to $2,000 on my Amazon Prime Rewards Visa today!! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.