Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI from 27k to 50k

tag
Doomgaze
Established Member

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI from 27k to 50k

Thought this might be worth mentioning.  I opened this card December 2015, approved with a 1k limit.  My credit score back then was probably high 500's low 600's. I was just happy/lucky to get approved.  I followed the forums a lot back then so I knew about the Amex 3x CLI.  After 6 months I got a CLI to 3k.  After another 6 months I got a CLI up to 9k.  Another 6 months I made it to 27k.  During this time my credit score improved alot.  After another 6 months, and with scores in the 720-760 range, I went for a CLI to 50k, for a nice round number. I got the income verification response, which I never completed because their online form is broken, and I just never got around to mailing in the letter.  This was probably around the end of 2017, early 2018.

Every month or so through 2018 I'd reapply for the CLI, hoping it would go through.  Every time I got the income verification, the online form wouldn't work, and I left it be.  September of 2018, I got hit with an AF of $39 on my $300 limit First Progress rebuilder card that I should have closed a long time ago, and I had forgotten about it.  All my cards are on auto pay, full statement balance, so I just never think of paying.  This card wasn't, cause I never use it.  So I got hit with a late payment, and my scores dropped to 690.  They've rebounded a bit to low 700's since then.  So today, I went for the CLI again, and was instantly approved from 27k up to 50k, no income verification. I was pretty stunned, I expected income verification, or flat out denial due to the recent late 30 day late. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI from 27k to 50k

Congratulations on the massive increase.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sweet CLI!

SspW.gif

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for sharing and congrats on massive CLI

from 1k to 50K ... lots of patience paid off big time!

Message 5 of 25
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Well done! I just received a 3X CLI on my BCP card to $24K. In another six months, I'll be looking to replicate your achievement! 

Message 6 of 25
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Wow, congrats. Your success goes against all of the conventional wisdom on payments and cli over 25000. Well done!

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very NICE...congratulations on your increase!

Message 8 of 25
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Very nice increase, in fact when it comes time for me to try, I will be sending you my login info, and you can do it for me, cos you are obviously doing something right. Smiley Wink

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Thats a monster cli
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.