Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI from 27k to 50k

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred CLI from 27k to 50k

We are all stunned 😳 and congratulations OP on your patience and persistence. 🎊

Thanks for sharing this great story. This is a huge CLI and no 4506-T request either. Practically unheard of. 😁 WooHoo

I guess an AmX exec said, “oh come on guys, he’s not going to stop until we give it to him!” 😂🤣

I luv it. WTG!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 25
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the dedication and CLI.  Definitely awesome to achieve that without any verification form.  I hope to walk in your footsteps!

Message 12 of 25
Flex1
Regular Contributor

@Doomgaze wrote:

Thought this might be worth mentioning.  I opened this card December 2015, approved with a 1k limit.  My credit score back then was probably high 500's low 600's. I was just happy/lucky to get approved.  I followed the forums a lot back then so I knew about the Amex 3x CLI.  After 6 months I got a CLI to 3k.  After another 6 months I got a CLI up to 9k.  Another 6 months I made it to 27k.  During this time my credit score improved alot.  After another 6 months, and with scores in the 720-760 range, I went for a CLI to 50k, for a nice round number. I got the income verification response, which I never completed because their online form is broken, and I just never got around to mailing in the letter.  This was probably around the end of 2017, early 2018.

Every month or so through 2018 I'd reapply for the CLI, hoping it would go through.  Every time I got the income verification, the online form wouldn't work, and I left it be.  September of 2018, I got hit with an AF of $39 on my $300 limit First Progress rebuilder card that I should have closed a long time ago, and I had forgotten about it.  All my cards are on auto pay, full statement balance, so I just never think of paying.  This card wasn't, cause I never use it.  So I got hit with a late payment, and my scores dropped to 690.  They've rebounded a bit to low 700's since then.  So today, I went for the CLI again, and was instantly approved from 27k up to 50k, no income verification. I was pretty stunned, I expected income verification, or flat out denial due to the recent late 30 day late. 

That is one huge CLI!!! Congrats!!!!!!! Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 25
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!

I got mine up to 18K about a year ago, and I have been afraid to push it further.

Message 14 of 25
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Sweet!
Message 15 of 25
Meskini
New Contributor

congratulations on the super increase.

We live and learn!
Message 16 of 25
Doomgaze
Established Member

Thanks! I'll just add that I've never carried a balance on this card, always PIF each month. Used to pay multiple times a month, but then I just let auto pay statement balance do it's thing. I don't use the card very often anymore. It used to be my gas card, but I got a PenFed card for that now. I only use this card at grocery stores, which isn't often since I usually buy groceries at Walmart. Once or twice a year though, I'll buy like 2-3k in gift cards at the grocery store, and use them to pay for vacations. Usually Disney gift cards, sometimes Southwest gift cards. I get the 6% cash back, plus free gas from the stores loyalty card. My highest balance ever on this card was probably just under 4k.
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on massive CLi !!!

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done. That’s great work.
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.