Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Starting Limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Starting Limit

Hi Everyone,

I prequalified for an AMEX BCP last night and went ahead and submitted my application. Much to my surprise I was only approved for a starting limit of $1K?

Does anyone have experience recon’ing on starting limits? Any tips if so or general info on when to request an AMEX CLI’s and if it’s a hard or soft pull?

Also, for context I just opened a Venture One card last month and that limit was $2K and have some baddies from 2011 on a CapOne card which was charged off but then paid in full.

Exp: 705
TU: 701
EQ: 711
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Starting Limit

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/18110...

Great guide on how to ask for Amex CLIs, but isn't guaranteed to work though, I failed to get my first 3X due to a short history and too many inquiries

I was approved for BCP with similar scores, perhaps 10 points higher with a SL of 2000,

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing that! I read throught the first few pages but I'm definitely bookmarking for future use. I called in today and was told that I need the physical card in hand before they'll discuss a potential starting limit. I'm hoping to get a 3x starting limit increase since I have other cards with higher limits, I have the income to warrant it and can provide any financial information they need - I'm hoping to proactively bring this up in an effort to move the conversation in my favor. Hopefully if I can get the SL CLI at 3x, then wait 61 days for another 3x!

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Normally Amex will not recon sl . Most have to wait it out the 61 days to try for a 3x and even thats not gaurenteed for everyone. Many people have the income to support more than a 1k sl but Amex often starts out many with that limit due to current profile or they want to see some hstory. Having higher limits elsewhere can help but as with many lenders it doesnt necessarily determine your sl.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, that's not how it works.  In the unlikely event you were able to sucessfully recon your SL to $3,000 (3X); you will have to wait 180 days before requesting another CLI.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for sharing that! I read throught the first few pages but I'm definitely bookmarking for future use. I called in today and was told that I need the physical card in hand before they'll discuss a potential starting limit. I'm hoping to get a 3x starting limit increase since I have other cards with higher limits, I have the income to warrant it and can provide any financial information they need - I'm hoping to proactively bring this up in an effort to move the conversation in my favor. Hopefully if I can get the SL CLI at 3x, then wait 61 days for another 3x!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This year I read of 3 people successfully reconning their SL with amex .I don't have links to provide proof but I read this forum religiously every night before bed. It doesnt hurt to ask especially if your willing to share POI. Go for it and update us on the outcome please. Good luck. 

Message 6 of 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No recon, do the 3x when the dates comes. Congrats!!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

^Agreed. In 61 days it will be 3K, and 9K 180 days after that! Can't ask for much better, considering the snails pace of other Card's CLI.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.