Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI...Finally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI...Finally

So my first request @ 90 days was denied. This was strange as I have had two automatic CLI's from other cards and I had just assumed I would get the first increase, I was wrong. I decided to wait another 90+ days and make a few larger purchases on it, paying the balance before the statement closing. I finally got an increase from 1k-3k after requesting again. I am really hoping that over the course of this year I can get the limit of this card a bit higher as I would prefer to use it over others while keeping its utilization low. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI...Finally

Congrats on your increase! 

Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

1st 3x always specialSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous my first request @ 90 days was denied. This was strange as I have had two automatic CLI's from other cards and I had just assumed I would get the first increase, I was wrong. I decided to wait another 90+ days and make a few larger purchases on it, paying the balance before the statement closing. I finally got an increase from 1k-3k after requesting again. I am really hoping that over the course of this year I can get the limit of this card a bit higher as I would prefer to use it over others while keeping its utilization low. 

Congrats!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I've had the Amex Delta Gold for the better part of 2 years and have yet to succeed in getting a CLI. I even took one of their denials through recon and it still didn't work. I've been debating just pitching the card.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, I see a lot of MFers with the Delta Gold.  Is it just for the SUB and then close after a year or are the added benefits really worth it for so many people?

I just got the Blue no AF version, with less SUB miles but 2miles per at restaurants.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious, I see a lot of MFers with the Delta Gold.  Is it just for the SUB and then close after a year or are the added benefits really worth it for so many people?

I just got the Blue no AF version, with less SUB miles but 2miles per at restaurants.

Not sure what an "MFer" is but the Delta card is pretty great. Few things:

1. Baggage

The airport back home is a Delta hub so naturally almost every time I flew domestically, it was through Delta. Delta Gold offers one free checked luggage on domestic economy, which is $25 each way. Taking two round trips every year, which I flew way more than that, easily made the $95 AF irrelevant. I would fly 6-7 round trips a year, with the card saving me hundreds.

2. Miles Redemption 

I have both the Delta Gold and CitiBank AA card (I now live in Washington D.C. which is an AA hub). The SKyMiles redemption program is the most generious I've ever dealt with. I once made a West Coast trip flying Orlando to Los Angeles to San Francisco to Seattle to Orlando for under 35k. Just a quick roundtrip between Orlando and Washington DC is 30k miles through American Airlines.

3. Miscellaneous

Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know. On paper, the Delta Gold does nothing for TSA pre-check, as often other cards will give you a credit so you can pay the fee. Yet there was never a time I flew Delta buying my ticket with the card and I wasn't "randomly selected" for TSA pre-check. Do they pull strings behind the scenes? No idea. And another thing - while on paper the Delta Gold isn't eligible for upgrades, very rarely did I ever have an issue getting an upgrade at the gate using my Delta Gold card for an outrageously nominal fee (like $25). Only times I've ever been turned down for upgrades was when the flight was genuinely full.

All in all, if you fly Delta, it's a great card to have.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

MFer - MyFico'er

I can see the checked bags if you fly regular AND check bags.  I fly rarely and typically carry-on only so do not get value from that perk.

Thanks for the response.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job Circuit6! I had the same thing happen to me. Once I saw my increase to 3k I did another 3X CLI request and Amex granted it! I'm due for another one toward the end of the month... getting ready for my next one soon!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.