Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI and CAP ONE Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI and CAP ONE Denial

Yes they did pull my Experian credit report from May 10th and it was already at 692, It went down from 742 to 708 (When DISCOVER was added) and then from 708 to 692 when AMEX was added. The reasons cited by the AMEX CLI officer were the following:

High Risk Score because:

- Length of time as an AMEX customer is too short (61 days - Account Established March 21st)

- Lack of credit history ( length of oldest account 8 mos. and AAOA is 4 mos.)

- Too many hard inquiries ( 5 altogether, 3 from AMEX all from 2017, then 1 from Chase in 2016 and 1 from Capital One in 2016)

But since my account inception, I had never missed payments, I pay all of the charges I make on the AMEX card as they post, and on both of the two statement cuts thus far showed $0 amount due. Unfortunately, all of those efforts were still not enough for them. But I guess those who gets approved for credit limit increases have more experience and lengthy credit histories than I. However I called Experian and they said that my report is fine so they wanted to get a copy of the denial letter from AMEX so they can also look at it. But knowing AMEX it will take forever for that letter to get sent to me by mail. Oh well. I think next time, I would think twice of even filing for a CL increase with them, unless they end up giving one automatically. Hoping that in 6 mos. I'd get a CL increase from Discover. I have been trying to manage all four of my accounts the best I could and have never left a balance on any of them. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.