Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI with BK7 showing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI with BK7 showing

Got a 5k CLI today (day 61) on the Amex ED with a 2010 BK7 on my reports. Just a data point for Amex as I’d read in previous threads that Amex denies CLI regardless of SL with a BK showing.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX CLI with BK7 showing

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a 5k CLI today (day 61) on the Amex ED with a 2010 BK7 on my reports. Just a data point for Amex as I’d read in previous threads that Amex denies CLI regardless of SL with a BK showing.  

I can second that as my BK13 is alive and well on my report and it hasn't hindered my ability to get anything from Amex.  If anything, they're one of the more generous of the lenders I do business with.

Message 2 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It has also been discussed in a lot of the Amex threads that the CLIs with BK7 reporting are all initiated by Amex via auto CLI and NOT via card holder/luv button requested CLIs. You didn’t mention in your post if it was auto or that you requested it.

At any rate, congratulations! That’s a pretty darn impressive CLI regardless! Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It has also been discussed in a lot of the Amex threads that the CLIs with BK7 reporting are all initiated by Amex via auto CLI and NOT via card holder/luv button requested CLIs. You didn’t mention in your post if it was auto or that you requested it.

At any rate, congratulations! That’s a pretty darn impressive CLI regardless! Smiley Happy

Yes it was a requested CLI at the usual 61 days.

Message 4 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Even more impressive! I’ve read a ton of threads about Amex and I think your DP is the first one I’ve come across as far as CLI request being granted with BK7 still reporting.

Congrats again!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t get my scores above 700 or any card with Amex and I have no BK on my report. Gotta keep working I guess
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on 3x CLI

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied a CLI a few months ago on day 61 due to BK reporting Smiley Sad

I've researched a few DPs and it seems like Amex only grants CLI if you're in the 7th year post BK.

I guess I'll try again in October 2018.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Smiley Happy

I  am not surprised. You cannot file for BK 7 again until 8 years after the first discharge. To lenders, if you default, you cannot have your debt expunged in BK for a while. They can keep calling you until they get paid back. Smiley Wink

Source: https://www.rjseo.com/blog/2014/may/how-long-do-i-have-to-wait-to-file-bankruptcy-ag/ 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Mine was denied bc of BK which will start to fall off my credit reports Dec 18 to Apr 19 (with EE). I only tried for the increase twice last year. I have tried at all this year bc they let me go crazy with my Plat lol. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.